Now on insulin.

spurslad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
Well I have now seen the nurse at the hospital and she has stopped the tablets and put me on insulin ( Humulin M3 twice a day ). It was a bit of a shock to start with even though I was told it would happen eventually but I have to live with it and make the adjustment to my life.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
hello Spurs lad

You can still work on good diet and weightloss. Some Types 2 have come off insulin once they get food and weight under control.

Please keep us up to date with how you are getting on

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
at least it will bring your bloods down mate, you will get used to it im sure, ive heard folks say it was the best thing that could have happened

best of luck

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my partners a type 2 theve put him on Victoza 1 small injection in the morning only. with a pill. theve stopped his insulin and gess what his readings are very low.

spurslad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well next week I'm going to be put on the same type of insulin :/

This is the first time for me on insulin and I started on 16 units in morning and 12 before tea, just had to up each by 4 units until I get into the range that my nurse wants me to be in. I am already starting to feel more like my old self. It is a bit daunting at first and a lot to take in but if like mine your nurse will be great and you will be able to contact her if you need to.
Good luck and take care ChelseyTBH.

Leon