Yes, I am on a diet!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I left home early this morning to pick up an undelivered parcel on my way to the Sports Centre for my Aquamobility class. I didn't leave myself enough time for breakfast. So after a 45 minute workout, I was ravenous. We all gather in the cafeteria atfter class and I usually have just a coffee. Several class members and the insructor eat buns or doughnuts. Today I ordered myself a fried egg not on toast.
You should have seen the exaggerated horror on faces and heard the intakes of breath. Same happens whenever I'm seen having coffee with whipped cream.

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Did you enjoy it though? fried egg now and then is good for you. Now I know someone is going to start disagreeing with that statement :wink:

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
gillyh said:
fried egg now and then is good for you. Now I know someone is going to start disagreeing with that statement :wink:

Only now and then??? :shock: :D

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm gonna disagree with you gillyh. I reckon on 2 fried eggs minimum, and every day if possible! :wink:

All the best,

fergus

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
I love fried eggs and for a low carber they're ok at any time, as is cream in my coffee, which I have in the Goring Cafe every Tuesday after a hard Health Walk.
PS
it's been shown that 2 fried eggs per day is beneficial to middle aged men. I made David Mendosa happy with that info.
Trouble is I'm a well past middle aged woman. But I think I don't look it :lol: Eh Tubs!

milly mole

Dislikes
rude people,know alls
Two fried eggs,three rashers of bacon keep me going till when ever I can grab a bite to eat later.I miss fried bread though.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
You're right Milly
I love the "handle"
I tend to grab a slice of cold meat out of the fridge for breakfast, before I go to some exercise class or other in the morning.
Lunch isn't a lot better, but I have a lettuce leaf with it. I do a dinner for T1 husband to come home to. May be as posh as salmon and aspsragus or may be mince with peas and carrots and Dreamfields.
Sausages and Broccolli tonight.

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Fried eggs - yeeeurgh! I've always hated them - not least because my older brother loves them and one day in the school dinner queue I was mistaken for him and 2 fried eggs chips and beans (his standard school dinner) was served up for me aaaargh! I blame the seventies hairstyles and fashions :wink: Nowadays I have scrambled eggs most days - usually with cheesy mushrooms and 3 bacon rashers yum!

saz1

MMmmmMMMmmmmm, eggs... I love them in omelettes and frittatas and fried or scrambled too or baked in a beef tomato! I have my colleagues horrified of cream and berries or jelly, fatty bacon and chicken roasted with skins on... And I just laugh! :lol: