Honeymoon period - no insulin needed today?

Miklo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Steve

i have well forgot my honeymoon period and only just remember my anniversary but the key to this is be flexible and adjust as necessary to the reading. Forget the theory saying to yourself this should not be my reading after this or that adapt according to facts if you are unsure keep your feeding habits at work pretty strict to begin with. As for meeting they are stressfull I was never bothered with the actual meetings it was my control that got me stressed especially if I had to travel the lenght of the country by train to a meeting out of my comfort zone. My reading were always high before the meeting but never bothered me as as soon as the meeting finished I brought it under control which is a small blip in the scale of things. Not being clever but I am able to operate with very low blood sugars in meetings and still pull it off I just get blunt and to the point if you think about it half the meeting are not needed if people had half a brain.

I think the main things is to get your Lantus correct and according to dafne large doses of Lantus are not requied I only use 16 units per night and get this right and you are half way there. If you are scared of night time hypos start low and make sure all the fast acting is all but depleted. Its a late 1 for me i am up at 6 I have downed a couple of John Smith and am about to test this minute. My body as always woken me when hypo sometimes just in the nick of time but thats diabetes fory you they never bother me too much, just make sure you do not make big changes in doses.