Why, oh why is it that.......

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
I only go through this once a week as I have one of those box thingies that I keep a week's worth of meds in. Course, it means that I have a VERY frustrating 10 minutes a week where I open every single box the wrong way or pop out pills which explode from the blister pack and then proceed to fall on the floor when I have to scramble to beat the cats to them. I don't suppose the cats would eat them but I don't fancy taking meds with cat spit on 'em! Honestly, this wasn't included in the info on diabetes was it?! :D

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Must be common problem here. I follow this habit. There are only 2 ends of a pill carton. One end usually has plain panel often with expiry date on it and is the end which has the fold of the leaflet. Meanwhile the opposite end is more colourful and has the brand and product name and the same colour as the rest of the carton. If you always open this end only you will always be opening it at them correct end. Hope this ends your frustration as it has mine.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Just tried this. 100% success rate lol

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Popsy the inverse pill law is thus:
Any animal will freely and very fast eat the dropped pill....the speed of eating is proportonal to the danger of pill to animal. ...faster the munch deadlier the pill
The pill any animal will refuse and rip you to the death to avoid is the one to improve its health

Reactions: 4 people

Montana

Dislikes
Anyone moody negative or judgemental
Hi Avocado that's pretty impressive I was beginning to doubt myself lol
It's a very simple rule of thumb yet it took me a year to discover it lol!

SandieB

Must be common problem here. I follow this habit. There are only 2 ends of a pill carton. One end usually has plain panel often with expiry date on it and is the end which has the fold of the leaflet. Meanwhile the opposite end is more colourful and has the brand and product name and the same colour as the rest of the carton. If you always open this end only you will always be opening it at them correct end. Hope this ends your frustration as it has mine.

:eek:) I will be testing this theory when I get home!

edit...don't know where that weird face came from, I typed a smiley face!
:)