PIA

emmaw_13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
spiders, ants, wasps, ignorant people, people with no manners.
Hi I've had diabetes for 13yrs now un controlled for 8 (I blame myself) then 6 years ago I was diagnosed with neuropathy in my feet. Then may his year I discovered I have Charcot in both feet (I'm only 26 and I know this is rare) I've had to give up work as I'm a dog walker and currently claiming ESA I was also told I could claim PIA in which I have I started claiming pretty much straight away I've now been in casts and non weigh bearing for 4 months now it took me 2 months just to get a wheelchair but I still haven't had a single penny from PIA I've got a meeting next week where there coming out to meet me and I've been told it can take upto 15 weeks to be all sorted. My Charcot is temporary and will eventually heal but have been told it may come back but surely there is an easy way to claim specially with it being temporary I can't wait to go back to work an I know I've still got a lot of way to go till I can walk again. But I can't even get a blue badge so going out with friends is incredibly difficult sometimes going out is really good for my confidence but its an absolute nightmare sorry for sounding a sad out just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem?

emmaw_13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I'm starting to think my Charcot will be healed way before I get any benefit through :(

emmaw_13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yes did mean PIP and know still waiting 8 months later and preparing myself for them saying no. But if they do then I'll have to go back to work. Even if I still have Charcot I can't afford to keep living like this

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jord

My boyfreind is the same he's been turned down and is really strrugglen he has reappealed twice and now benefit welfare rights are sorting it out as he gets 92 pound per fortnight which once bills paid means he has 2.17 per day for 3 meals he needs to have installed with and he needs to buy Lucazade with this 2 pound 17 p budget

emmaw_13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It's awful I don't know what's wrong with this government disabled people are struggling because ignorant people have abused the system. Is that PIP he's getting or is this another benefit? Sorry you've had to repeal twice and still told a blunt no! I don't know if you have or not but can disability direct help in any way? He shouldn't have to live like that this condition is bad enough.

Miklo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
With delays such as this which is normal if not down to sheer volume and manpower levels make an appointment to see your local MP in their weekly surgery and explain your case if its justified things will happen.

emmaw_13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi thanks for the reply I've written to my MP yesterday and if I don't get a response I will take it to some one higher. I imagine I'm not the only person who is having this problem. Seems to be that people who are disabled are bullied into giving up on help.

sanchia07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
There are massive delays in processing PIP, 3 of my clients have been waiting nearly 6 mnths, chase weekly One has just received confirmation after 6.5mnths has no need to attend medical they went for a gp report instead and her money was backdated to original claim date! Just keep chasing weekly if you can! They are currently processing claims from september!

sanchia07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Meant to add anyone havin issues, if you can contact your local D.I.A.L office they are brillant at completing the forms and know exactly how and what words to use on the forms as there are certain wordings that the assessors look for and fill the form out based on your worst day not an average day!

emmaw_13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I kind of expected about 5 months but it's 9 months today I ring them weekly just to get the same answer it's ridiculous sometimes think they want us just to give up.