Any T2s still getting enough strips on NHS?

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My strips are no longer on repeat, I have to ask the GP for them which means taking up a valuable appt someone else could have!!

I undestand that they wish to save money and some Type 2's don't want to test there bloods and others are quite happy to go by their HBA1C results but for some us we would like the option to choose!

It annoys me that I can get my pen needles on repeat prescription but not the strips, surely the two go hand in hand but no I have to ask and hope my GP is in a generous mood! Although to be fair to her she did give 150 last time to keep me going as she could no longer give them to me monthly!

leadingjo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
diabetes
I am very lucky and get as may as I need as a type 2, maybe its because I'm on insulin. Only test about once a month so I have a few packs in reserve just in case!

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Seems as though I'm one of the lucky ones as I get my strips on repeat prescription when I need them. I also get 100 a time. something to be grateful for?

dobber

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When i was told i was diabetic, July 2008, i was given a meter, strips and lancets, strips and lancets on repeat perscription but was told not to go mad with testing. , twice a day.twice a week. Strips cost around £15 I was told. Had no problem getting a repeat. I have a great Dr who has a keen interest in Diabetes. I am lucky :D