Type 2 Coeliac & Diabetic

littlelin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness; Ageism;Rain&Cold.
Hello everyone - am having difficulty with snacks & whilst travelling out of the country with both diets together.
Are there many coe/diab2's out there ? Sometimes I do feel quite alone!
Nuts& fruit are good but sometimes a person needs some sustainance to keep going. Suggestions please.
ps Thank you Little Lin x

Houseyjojo

Gluten free snacks are often so expensive too!
I've found Pound shops really good for gluten free snack bars (some fruit based, some nut based) as well as gf crackers & rice cakes.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not coeliac, but try to stay off grain anyway as it does terrible things to my bg and I feel so much more energetic without grain.

Have a look in the Handbag snack thread, you might find useful suggestions there! My favourites are a small wrapped cheese or a boiled egg.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Cheese is good, also 2-3 teasp of ground almonds or coconut flour in coffee or low cal drinking choc (Aldi) or cup-soup.

Fishtoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use nuts and seeds quite often for snacking....take limited amount with me...easy to overeat!
Almonds mostly, raw...sunflower seeds and pumpkin...hard boiled eggs travel well, with lettuce and tomatoes...cheeese, often use a lettuce leaf instead of bread!....I've been a Coeliac for the past 20 years.....and probably a pre-diabetic recently...can't make up my mind on that ...lol