Feet!

stevey012

My podiatrist said my feet are really good, good circulation, but she said any problems like funny colours and tingling or any cuts that won't heal, she said I had to get a doctors appointment straight away, any doubt just go to docs as you only get one pair of feet, same with your eyes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
My podiatrist said my feet are really good, good circulation, but she said any problems like funny colours and tingling or any cuts that won't heal, she said I had to get a doctors appointment straight away, any doubt just go to docs as you only get one pair of feet, same with your eyes.

Good advice from your Podiatrist.

Marfmama

Thanks for the replies - I often get tingling when ive had a change in sugar levels but the colour change is new! I dont have a podiatrist - is that something you have arranged yourself snd pay privately for?

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
You should be referred for monitoring/treatment on the NHS. DSN should be able to help you or GP

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I dont have a podiatrist - is that something you have arranged yourself snd pay privately for?

No I don't go private, as part of your diabetes care plan your entitled to have your feet examined every 12 months. I use to get mine checked when I attended the diabetes clinic as a Podiatrist was always there and would see you after speaking with the consultant, however they stopped it for some reason so I now see the podiatrist through my gp practise.