stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Hi all

New insulin user here Type 2 on Novomix 30, im a little concerned that this Novomix may not be the right one for me or am i being a bit premature, i am taking 320 mg of gliclazide plus 6 units of Novomix twice a day and i am saddened to see that i have no improvement in my sugar levels at all, its only been two day's but i thought insulin was supposed to be instant, am i worrying over nothing

Cheers
Stillo

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Hi Crimsonclient

We have a Diabetes clinic at our Doctors, i have only started it on Monday so i know there is plenty of scope for increasing it,but i thought i would have noticed something, thank you for your reply

Stillo

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
We have a Diabetes clinic at our Doctors, i have only started it on Monday so i know there is plenty of scope for increasing it,but i thought i would have noticed something, thank you for your reply

Speak with the clinic in the morning and hopefully they'll advise you on increasing the doses.

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Hi Noblehead

I have an appointment with her on Monday hope we can resolve the problem

Cheers
Stillo

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Your DN may have started you on a small dose intending to gradually increase it. Yes, it should show results within a day or so. Insulin regimes vary. If you want to take full control as you gain experience and are happy to have things get a bit more complex then at a future point discuss the Basal/Bolus regime with the DN and carb-counting, but don't rush. There are many on Novomix and it works quite well once the dose is right.

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brown rice, all the negative attention diabetics get from the media
Hi there i to started on Novomix30 but i was only kept on it for around 2 weeks where it didn't make much or any difference to my levels. The diabetes nurse then changed me to NovoRapid and Lantus (now changed to Levemir) it did mean more injections but it worked wonders for my levels it's coming down at a nice steady pace. This may be something your team decide to do with you but as others have said there is the option of increasing the dosage of the Novomix to see if that helps

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
We'll nearly two weeks on insulin and still high levels,although I do feel better in my self,nurse says no increase in dose until June at next blood test

Cheers
stillo

parameswaran

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there i to started on Novomix30 but i was only kept on it for around 2 weeks where it didn't make much or any difference to my levels. The diabetes nurse then changed me to NovoRapid and Lantus (now changed to Levemir) it did mean more injections but it worked wonders for my levels it's coming down at a nice steady pace. This may be something your team decide to do with you but as others have said there is the option of increasing the dosage of the Novomix to see if that helps

Could you please explain why Lantus replaced by Levemir? I think Lantus doesnt have a peak, it keeps a flat curve.

Attachments

• lrg_1_2_2_1.jpg
    lrg_1_2_2_1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 303

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
We'll nearly two weeks on insulin and still high levels,although I do feel better in my self,nurse says no increase in dose until June at next blood test

Cheers
stillo
Hi Stillo
Don't worry. It has taken me 4 months to get most of my BM tests close to 10 and even a few lower than that. Each Sunday evening I would email my weeks,results to my DSN and on Mondays she would email me back with the dose for the coming week. Slowly does it else if insulin is higher than needed hypos are a risk.
Keep the faith

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brown rice, all the negative attention diabetics get from the media
Could you please explain why Lantus replaced by Levemir? I think Lantus doesnt have a peak, it keeps a flat curve.
I changed from Lantus to Levemir due to an allergic reaction upon increasing dosage, I had an all over body itching lasting 6 hours and I was limping after the injection