Pump - Night hypo rebound correction? Help please!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So my blood is currently 15 after a hypo of 2.9 at 1.40am.

I've gone back onto the pump last night as mine broke at the weekend leaving me back on MDI. I took half dose of lantus yesterday morning at about 7am. Really not sure where i stand on this one ...

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your pump broke? Already? What happened? If it were me, and I may be wrong, I would set your pump back up as it was before and test every couple of hours. If your bg doesn't come down after a couple of hours I would give a correction but monitor it very closely. The lantus will soon be completely out of your system and then you'll be back on track. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm completely wrong!

iHs

Like Lucie, its not that good that the vibe has gone belly up so soon. If you took a tiny dose of Lantus, it shouldn't linger for long. Its when its been used for a week or so, that its effect can linger on a bit even when its stopped. The same goes for Levemir.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lucie I messaged you. priming issues potentially caused by user. anyhow dont break your pump on the weekend. No quibbles though.

pumppimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lucie I messaged you. priming issues potentially caused by user. anyhow dont break your pump on the weekend. No quibbles though.
Did you not manage to speak to the nice american people? When that happened to me it was sent out in 24hrs. good luck