Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Its recommended by gps cause its a non invasive treatment diabetic or not. Just starves the bacteria of oxygen. No other issues would be caused.
Unless you have an allergic reaction to the sticky stuff on the tape

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I think I have heard about it before Brett and I'm sure it works well, I just wondering if the podiatrist had other concerns regarding Dolly's feet as she was reluctant to treat the verruca.....hence why I said to get a second opinion.

Kelsie

I would see another podiatrist as my brother had one and the podiatrist he saw had great knowledge on diabetes and foot care and he definitely didn't say the verruca was best left alone!! He put this ointment on it that apparently stung a bit and put duct tape on it and did a treatment similar to freezing but suitable for diabetics-I would definitely see another podiatrist if I was you! The verruca returned since his treatment :)

Miklo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would advise getting some ointment from the Doctors such as bazuka that can be bought over the counter. Apply as directed this solution burns the varucca when dead skin forms remove with pumice stone and apply more solution. Best check with doctor first I have no circulation problems in my feet or anything else so this is the method I have used on myself years ago and repeated on my kids.

The hardest part is finishing the verucca off a chiropodist demonstrated this to me years ago and sliced the roots off with a scalpol on 5 I had. On my kids I used a sterile swiss armly blade and the attached tweezers along with bazuka solution to clear their feet within a few weeks.

Remember to follow the doctors instructions and also they do go on their own eventually with no treatment.

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I think I have heard about it before Brett and I'm sure it works well, I just wondering if the podiatrist had other concerns regarding Dolly's feet as she was reluctant to treat the verruca.....hence why I said to get a second opinion.
So far my feet are ok (fingers crossed) but no harm in checking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I would see another podiatrist as my brother had one and the podiatrist he saw had great knowledge on diabetes and foot care and he definitely didn't say the verruca was best left alone!! He put this ointment on it that apparently stung a bit and put duct tape on it and did a treatment similar to freezing but suitable for diabetics-I would definitely see another podiatrist if I was you! The verruca returned since his treatment :)

Thanks sounds good....but it came back........NOOO!

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I would advise getting some ointment from the Doctors such as bazuka that can be bought over the counter. Apply as directed this solution burns the varucca when dead skin forms remove with pumice stone and apply more solution. Best check with doctor first I have no circulation problems in my feet or anything else so this is the method I have used on myself years ago and repeated on my kids.

The hardest part is finishing the verucca off a chiropodist demonstrated this to me years ago and sliced the roots off with a scalpol on 5 I had. On my kids I used a sterile swiss armly blade and the attached tweezers along with bazuka solution to clear their feet within a few weeks.

Remember to follow the doctors instructions and also they do go on their own eventually with no treatment.

Thank you but think I'd rather keep it that sounds PAINFUL!

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
Just spotted a question about corns and wonder if anyone has any ideas how to get rid of verrucas ? I've had one in the same place under my foot for about 5 years... The podiatrist doesn't want to touch it and I'm scared to try the over the counter remedies.

ALL I CAN THINK OF IS PERHAPS CHANGE YOUR BREAKFAST CEREAL.RICHARD