Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Or you could just learn how to carb count (DAFNE and friends).
Most people can't control their levels with carb counting (i.e. don't achieve the 6.5% efficacy target). Didn't work for me. Perhaps low carbing could work for the person who asked.

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
9.7% higher then last time last time was 8.5% bm high but 19unis of background insulin to 21 unis of if background insulin I am a type 1 diabetic

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Last edited by a moderator:
i was diagnosed with type 1 about 3 months ago, my A1c was either 12 or 15%. i dont remember. should be going in for another check soon, hoping its so much better this time,

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
Mine was done early Jan and was 5.2. I was pleased as was a teeny bit relaxed over Christmas. When I had my son a year ago my last one taken when I was 8 1/2onths pregnant was 5.6 and because I am so competitive (even with myself. So sad, don't hold it against me!) I was determined to keep bringing it down!

pipwizard

Wahoooo 7.7 tonight very happy . Sonny I'm type 2 and on gliclazide with metformin but glic can make the sugar go low very quick and I haven't been on it long just before Xmas but my sugar went down to 3.2 just before I went to bed I really was starting to feel ill it's all different for everyone but it's not nice but you just need to sort the daily food out . But I haven't been good today I had some chocky that's why I'm happy at my reading lol xxxx

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you aim to keep your blood sugar between 5 and 11, your HBA1C should be between 6 and 7%. I always had a higher than normal HBA1C - between 9 and 12%. I thought I was ok untill complications started. I could never get my HBA1C down. I then went low carb and started doing cardio exercise. This helped to keep my bloods under 11. My HBA1C dropped to 8.1% and now its in the 7's. I feel so much better for this and my vision seems to be improving. I can now read the menu on my TV screen without glasses.
My next goal is to keep my bloods between 5 and 10 and I think I can do this with an extra 10 mins of cardio a day. so far.... its working. Im averaging a reading of 8.4 per day.

How do you keep your HB down?

Tron2112

Type of diabetes
Type 2
T2 on metformin and reduced carbs - diagnosed one year ago at 8.5%

Managed to turn it around (literally) with 5.8% last week. I want to get even lower than this.

Charisma_1630

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woo hoo I just got mine it's 7.5. Down from 8.1 in sept! I know it's still hight but concidering I've had a really hard time with it lately I'm pleased!!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Had my annual check up yesterday and HbA1C was 41. Very happy with that, so was consultant, although she more or less accused me of having to hypo regularly to achieve such a good number ! Never satisfied are they lol !

Reactions: 3 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
mine is now 7.8 which is highest its been for a few yrs

desidiabulum

6.5. Not great, but just within the acceptable limits. I'm actually really happy about the result, given that in the autumn with heart surgery and subsequent mishaps I was often running fasting levels in 9s and 10s, and even the odd 11. And my other test results are byoooootiful -- creatinine has fallen dramatically so I'm out of danger levels; cholesterol, trigs, LDL all deliciously low. My calcium levels are almost normal. Blood pressure so low that I'm not going onto full ACE inhibitor dosage. 2014 is looking good!:)

Reactions: 2 people