Mornings

emzy40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So its all new to me this blood sugar levels as just diagnosed.
Pre-diagnosis many mornings I felt like I had a hangover but put it down to winter bugs.
This morning felt shocking so took my B.M first thing before breakfast and its 9.7 not sure what range it should be on a morning.
I have eaten and feel bit better and going to do my level again in 2 hours to see.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mj14

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too! Felt like this for months, on waking I am very shaky and hold onto banister to use stairs, no energy and feel breathless. This week I have checked my levels first thing and consistently in the 9's before eating.

emzy40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
mj14 how long have you been diagnosed and are you on medications or diet.
Have you been given advise on what is acceptable on a morning.
I wasnt told very much tbh so not a clue.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
you shouldnt really be higher than 7 in the mornings your feeling bad because you are used to being higher. When you get BGs into range more you wont feel so bad.

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Engineer88, you shouldn't be wearing yourself out, moonlighting as a barmaid 'though:rolleyes:

mj14

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well just returned from doctors as I had my appointment today and he put me straight on Metformin 500mg 4 tabs a day (did say build upto this gradually cos of side effects) wants me to go back in a month for cholesterol tabs and poss BP tabs, said too much to start everything at once. Wasn't happy as really wanted to see how I got on with diet alone but he was adamant this was best way!!!! Also he said don't need to test BS at home but I said it was helping me to keep a check on levels before/after eating. When I said consistently high in mornings he just said that's why I am putting you on tablets!!!! Felt a bit like a naughty schoolgirl lol.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Well just returned from doctors as I had my appointment today and he put me straight on Metformin 500mg 4 tabs a day (did say build upto this gradually cos of side effects) wants me to go back in a month for cholesterol tabs and poss BP tabs, said too much to start everything at once. Wasn't happy as really wanted to see how I got on with diet alone but he was adamant this was best way!!!! Also he said don't need to test BS at home but I said it was helping me to keep a check on levels before/after eating. When I said consistently high in mornings he just said that's why I am putting you on tablets!!!! Felt a bit like a naughty schoolgirl lol.

Don't worry metformin is a very good safe drug imho, and as for him telling you not to test, thats the most common and least sensible advice you could receive :)

Reactions: 2 people