Blood sugar levels

mj14

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started testing before and after meals about 10 days ago - consistently high first thing in the morning before food (high 9's) and 2 hrs after eating (14 plus). Have started low carb diet, lots of fruit, smaller plate size, spoonful of carb literally (before that would have been main part of meal) no pastry, cakes, sweets, treats, crisps and lost over half a stone!!! Really pleased with myself. Last night tested after dinner and to my surprise I was 6.9, tested this morning first thing and 6.8. I am thrilled that my BS levels have come down.

Not sure if this is just a fluke lol but over the moon anyway........

On a less happier note - started Metformin yest 1 x 500mg and eventually building up dose) and so far no horrendous side effects apart from WIND!!!!! Omg I am frightened to get out of the chair. Sorry for bringing the tone down but just wanted to share lol........ X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mj14

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry but rattled on and forgot to ask my question - I presume after just 1 tablet yest, that wouldn't have any effect on lower levels and this is down to change of diet and weight loss or am I wrong?????

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Sorry but rattled on and forgot to ask my question - I presume after just 1 tablet yest, that wouldn't have any effect on lower levels and this is down to change of diet and weight loss or am I wrong?????

Meds take a few days to kick in. As for the metformin and wind, common problem. Ask your doc for Metformin SR ( slow release ) and this should cure your problem and you can get out of your chair again :)

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fruit can raise bg considerably, so be sure to check what different fruits do to your bg.Berries are usually safe.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On a less happier note - started Metformin yest 1 x 500mg and eventually building up dose) and so far no horrendous side effects apart from WIND!!!!! Omg I am frightened to get out of the chair. Sorry for bringing the tone down but just wanted to share lol........ X

I've seen it called "Metfartin"! I have a couple of dogs so I can blame them for any noxious pongs in this house...:bag:

Robbity

PS I'm seeing my doctor Monday so will ask about the slow release version too.