WOW the nurse said

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Wonderful Christine, just wonderful! Gives hope to us all :D

Reactions: 2 people

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug health care professionals; pretense, pomposity and presumptuousness; people who have a disregard for other people's health and safety; being "fenced-in"; arbitrary authority; nonsensical rules; political correctness; stupidity that masquerades as profundity.
:joyful:That's fantastic news, 2christine!!!!!!!
You are an inspiration to me and I'm sure to everyone else on this forum.
Hope to still see you around.

Father Jack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice one Christine. Stick around and we will ensure that neither of us regresses. Well done!!

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
confession, , father jack .i did go mad a bit last week and felt awful, could not get back into eating correctly, always hungry and so so, disappointed in my self.
but yesterday I suddenly thought," you know how you felt when you are losing the weight and sticking to the diet" "well how would you like to feel that today" so I did just that all day and today I feel grand.! so thanks for your encouraging words.:)

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I intend to carry on carb control I still have 2st to lose but there is no rush, its a way of life for me now.

I'm glad you told us. I was wondering how it would go.

The nice thing is you still have 2 stone to play with. Losing more weight will probably give some more improvement.

I got my hba1c down to 36.6 before christmas and had my fair share of sweet stuff, including christmas pudding and custard, cake, biscuits, chocs and sweets over the festive period. I kept a lid on it and tested a lot but I never went over 6.5 and was mostly in the 4s and 5s. When all the christmas goodies were gone at the start of January, I went back to my old regime. I am now often in the 4s during the day and I haven't seen anything in the 6s for some time. I am not losing weight anymore, but my early morning readings are better than they were two or three months ago. So, just continue the way you are but don't stress yourself out if you go out for a meal or if there is a party. Treats are OK now and again.

Reactions: 4 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
confession, , father jack .i did go mad a bit last week and felt awful, could not get back into eating correctly, always hungry and so so, disappointed in my self.
but yesterday I suddenly thought," you know how you felt when you are losing the weight and sticking to the diet" "well how would you like to feel that today" so I did just that all day and today I feel grand.! so thanks for your encouraging words.:)

That's how it happens though.
I had a family party last week, so I enjoyed it.
I also had a food sheet to fill it before my dietician appointment today, so I was honest about it.
She said, well, you've lost weight, you're not expected not to eat or not to have a life, so it's a good result.
She did the same apparently, so she went to the gym and just worked out more on the weights.
She's about 5ft tall, size 8, but no fat anywhere.

So, it's not a diet at the end of the day, it's a way of life, but it doesn't mean it has to be a miserable way of life, just one that suits you.
(And tbh, I'm very pleased, I ate a few things I shouldn't, drank too much, and my weight stayed down, and my bs was still good)
So congratulations for a brilliant result.

Reactions: 5 people

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks to you both for your kind and encouraging words ,its so easy to think oh ,i will just have a little of this and a little of the other (perhaps thats what I do need lol ) but seriously I carn`t eat like I used to, without it sending me off the rails at this time. so steady does it, keeps me .:happy:

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug health care professionals; pretense, pomposity and presumptuousness; people who have a disregard for other people's health and safety; being "fenced-in"; arbitrary authority; nonsensical rules; political correctness; stupidity that masquerades as profundity.
thanks to you both for your kind and encouraging words ,its so easy to think oh ,i will just have a little of this and a little of the other (perhaps thats what I do need lol ) but seriously I carn`t eat like I used to, without it sending me off the rails at this time. so steady does it, keeps me .:happy:

:joyful:You go girl!

bruciebonus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
well done congratulations, just shows if you don't eat more calories than you use they can't slosh around in your blood day.

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
now down to 13st 4lb,and been nordic walking , its great. behaving, very careful though its easy to get lost. lol.

Maryannonsilk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Intolerance
Wish I had your DN ...mine is punishing me because I self test and she doesn't agree ..
...said there's no clinical reason to test cos my numbers are fine ...hello there just join the dots I said ...she didn't appreciate my reply unfortunately

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wish I had your DN ...mine is punishing me because I self test and she doesn't agree ..
...said there's no clinical reason to test cos my numbers are fine ...hello there just join the dots I said ...she didn't appreciate my reply unfortunately

well done you - just stick to your guns. You should have asked herif she was diabetic wold she rely on a yearly test!

Maryannonsilk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Intolerance
I need to show her what Christine and all of you have achieved but she didn't even bother to call me to give me my 6 month result so only know from self testing that I'm ok ...she said she intends to 'escalate' my unreasonable request for testing strips ... Oh my ..that was in November ...still waiting :)

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk

It really does depend on wether you have an old school DN or someone more willing to look at you as an individual, I'm seeing my DN in just over a week, fortunately she is progressive and is happy that I have been testing, in the past 2 months my Hba1c has come down after several years in the diabetic range over 50+ to normal below 42, I expect to carry on testing as there are so many variables that effect my BGL it going against the one size fits all plan that is dolled out to everyone, but just going for a yearly or 6 month check is always going to be disaster when trying to control BGL.

I've had dramatic results by micro managing my diabetes test at least 10 time a day, also clearly the LCHF worked for me, I think you need to show your DN you fully intend to be in charge of your diabetes, I had a show down with my GP last November as things were seriously wrong, after that my GP has been totally supportive even to the point of prescribing extra test strips.

My line has always to ask specific questions, one that always works, is asking by how much will certain foods raise my BG the DN won't know but the only way to know is by testing.

I now know that a standard cheese sandwich containing two slices of any bread would spike my BG from normal range to several points higher, in to double teen numbers, pitta bread and hummus is even worse, imagine the effect of eating such foods over a period of a year that spike and dramatically raise BGLs but was going unnoticed, because you don't check.

Ask your DN or GP to reconsider their approach as it's much more likely to help you, if everyone is supportive, rather than opposing your attempt to control your diabetic condition.