The Polar Bear Inn, a virtual pub

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
in my mums eyes i can do no wrong, never could, my wife on the other hand needs my mums guidance, wisdom and advice at every possible opportunity, boy oh boy have we rowed over the years lol

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I have just had to explain to my mum why we are crying with laughter. She is now trying to pu things right. This is not going well:
Well you've had a double whammy.
In what respect?
Well not only on my side of the family - my granny was big. About the same size as your aunt. Then there's your dad's side. Your granny was big and so were all her sisters. One of them was enormous, bless her! So it's in the genes.
Think I bet have another one landlord!

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sorry-I know I shouldn't laugh but that is hilarious!:hilarious:
Have posted up the second part of the conversation. Not as funny as 1st part but husband still laughing.

Reactions: 2 people

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Slow roasted belly pork with loads of crushed caraway and fennel seed rubbed into the crackling on the menu today, its been in the oven for 5 hours and its wonderfully crisped on top while the meat is so tender theres no need for a knife. Served with wild mushrooms, steamed cabbage and celeriac mashed with loads of butter and cream. I love Sundays!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Virtual money Thommo, just like the beer lol :)

Not that virtual for me, by 4pm I'll be in my real local having a few pints of Brighton Bier's Underdog while discussing the menu for my next visit as guest chef ,and probably simultaneously chatting with you lot as I can be here and there at the same time.

Sadly my local does not accept virtual currency, but I do get beer in exchange for my cooking skills.

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Slow roasted belly pork with loads of crushed caraway and fennel seed rubbed into the crackling on the menu today, its been in the oven for 5 hours and its wonderfully crisped on top while the meat is so tender theres no need for a knife. Served with wild mushrooms, steamed cabbage and celeriac mashed with loads of butter and cream. I love Sundays!

Dear thomothebear,
I am afraid I am going to have to complain. There is a lack of fish and veggie dishes on your menu. I feel discriminated against and if it doesn't change soon I am going to report you to the powers that be!

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear thomothebear,
I am afraid I am going to have to complain. There is a lack of fish and veggie dishes on your menu. I feel discriminated against and if it doesn't change soon I am going to report you to the powers that be!

How about a nice Thai curry with monkfish, aubergines, green beans and asparagus served with pad thai?

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Or this..
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1392654574.111058.jpg

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

RichardJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Finally plucked up the courage to pop in for a quick drink, do you serve rectory ales? Not sure if the brewery is still going?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ahhh weve been waiting for you, pull up a chair.....do you know how to play crib? we are one short

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Me to mother -in law- 'I like that dress you are wearing,it looks really nice'
Mother-in-law ' You can have it when you can fit into it'

I want some Marmite flavoured cashew nuts, an icy cold diet coke and the Stereophonics on the jukebox please.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol really? when she offers it to, you must tell her youve decided not to go to the fancy dress party after all

RichardJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's been a very long time, going to have to remind me of the rules.
Just to warn this is my first pint in 3 years not sure how much use I will be by the end of the glass.

shane-1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rain and sheep
cyperspace .....to boldy go where no man has gone ,except one ,:hilarious: