understanding hba1c results

shane-1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rain and sheep
I seen a person post a hba1c of 14% yet they said they had excellent control on their daily blood sugar levels ,how can that be ?....yet they are adamant a lchf diet controls their bgs . it doesn't make sense to me or am I missing something ?

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I it doesn't make sense to me or am I missing something ?

I was thinking the same just recently after pondering on how someone can still be a member here after registering 4 times here under different user names and being banned twice and then attacking a member recently without repercussion.

Life's funny eh?

Reactions: 7 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Anyhow,I don't know anyone who currently has a hbA1c of 14% and reports good control-have you a link to this thread?

Reactions: 2 people

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was thinking the same just recently after pondering on how someone can still be a member here after registering 4 times here under different user names and being banned twice and then attacking a member recently without repercussion.

Life's funny eh?[/quote]

There seems to be a bit of it going around

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people

Bob67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Life's funny eh?

Every thing in moderation;)

Reactions: 2 people

Emma6606

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Guys... I'm new to this - just got my first H1abc back - and it is 6.5%
Is that ok? they want me "below 6%" is that a really difficult change... what is the normal??