Mid cycle hypos

hayleysavage

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Can anyone give me any advice on mid cycle hypos as I suffer severely low bg during these times

FurryCub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Football
I'll admit I thought this was about cycling and having a hypo because of the exercise :). I'll leave this one for the ladies.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hayleysavage

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Oops I should have explained a nit better,each month my menstrual cycle is very regular but I'm suffering very low bg levels in the middle of month ie ovulation time and am getting very depressed around the same time what can I do to help the lows as nurse can't really suggest anything other than lowering my basal on my insulin pump

Diane 40

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I can't stand busy crowded places!
I totally understand how you feel. I'm on my menstrual cycle now & god BG's low! My mood is also. Feels like an uphill battle with it. I'm on MDI injections of novo rapid. Week before in high in BG's & injecting like mad & now I'm on hardly any novo rapid. I'm on slimming world plan for weight loss & my choice of foods helping. Healthy options has made a difference. I've never used the pump so I'm clueless on how it works, sorry! Had to take better care of myself & it's taking time just like everything with type 1 seems too!! It's not a quick process but maybe speak to your dietitian see what they can suggest to help. I know exactly how you feel, crying as I type this!!!