Parkrun

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
can not stop giggling...my blasted Andy is no help as l want to do the stupid race...he is my cheerleader!!!
Read it to him he says sort of stupid thing you do isnt it...ggggrrrrr

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
went to a marathon seminar tonight, carb load carb load carb load, arrrrghhhh im a low carber get me out of here, thats it ive decided im gonna write a book once ive done the marathon, im going to call it "carb loading (is) for idiots" unless i die during the run because i didnt carb load of course

:dead:

Reactions: 2 people

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
went to a marathon seminar tonight, carb load carb load carb load, arrrrghhhh im a low carber get me out of here, thats it ive decided im gonna write a book once ive done the marathon, im going to call it "carb loading (is) for idiots" unless i die during the run because i didnt carb load of course

:dead:
Nice bit of white bread and butter? Seriously though a few extra carbs a couple of hours before as a one of may help without doing a full carb loading.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Nice bit of white bread and butter? Seriously though a few extra carbs a couple of hours before as a one of may help without doing a full carb loading.

ive read about flat coke being amazing at about mile 17 im considering that but think ill practice first in case i keel over, i did 13 miles sunday and 12 tonight but my legs are proper hurting, how is your training going?

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
Slowly at the moment have had to take it easy done a little damage to my leg on the 17.5 miler the other week. long steep downhill section didn't agree with me. Nearly sorted though :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
oh i hate downhills :( in fact i hate up hills and flat ground too lol, i went to a physio last week, i have left knee and right foot pain, she reckons tendonistus in both but im just trying to get to april lol, i may be walking it at this rate :)

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I won't repeat all that my friendly sports therapist said when she found out I did a hilly 7 miler today. OFFS is just the beginning :)

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rather pleased with myself after a very enjoyble weekend. Set off from home by car to do a Parkrun on way to marshal briefing for Marmot Dark Mountains (overnight mountain marathon). Cut 20 seconds off my last run time at that location. Had time for a coffee at cafe near park, before driving 50 miles / 1 hour to arrive early at Glossop. Spent afternoon moving chairs & tables, putting up posters, taping maps and instruction to tables, accepting race doctor's offer of pear cake made by his wife, staffing registration, fitting in quick run to collect baked potato from cafe, drove to support point on A57 Snake Pass, where I spent the next 5 hours checking runners coming through, directing them to water supply (stream), trying not to fall over tent guylines when head torch not switched on (as that ruins other people's nightsight if you look into their eyes etc. Left about 0430 to head back to Glossop for a couple of hours kip before breakfast at cafe, then watched prizegiving, then continued to provide hot drinks, glove removal service etc for cold wet competitors returning to race HQ. Last few hours spent folding chairs & tables, as numbers of racers set off home by car / train / to airport etc. Finally drove home, dropping off another marshal at service station.

Reactions: 3 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just out of interest anyone still doing the park runs?
Feel guilty haven't done one since New Year's Day.

Great news! TeamBlood Glucose are about to begin taking part in park run! Set up to support and inspire anyone with diabetes (or anyone at risk of diabetes) to take part in sport and exercise - watch out on the website for details coming soon!

Reactions: 5 people