Sweeteners ?

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know so cant answer your question. I weaned myself gradually off sugar in coffee a few years ago and don't miss it at all. Why not give it a try?

Reactions: 2 people

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Truvia is good but expensive. Fortunately, you only need a little so it does go a long way. It is much kinder to the digestive system than most other polyols which can have a laxative effect. I use truvia in porridge but I only need half a teaspoon.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I use any of the available sweeteners and can't tell the difference. Hermesetas fit nicely in the pocket

smithsonianka

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
I have tried many sweetners. They either taste sickeningly sweet or have aspartame or asulfame k. The best sweetner is a low GI sugar called Agave. Unfortunately, in the UK I cannot find the sugar form of this, only the syrup. I ended up increasing my tolerance until a point where my tea just tasted like syrup! I have tried a Biona one which is the closest but it's not as sweet as one I had overseas so I'm struggling at the moment. But I drink lots of tea, about 6 cups or so a day and have 2 sugars/sweetners in. My sugar levels were really good on the agave, and I intend to keep them that way. Good luck :)

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I use sweetex in tea, it tastes nice.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
I use splender at home but tate and lyllesweeteners when out I have no problems with them.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like Totto I have got used to not having sugar now. I found my fatty liver improved dramatically when I gave up sweeteners altogether

smithsonianka

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
I found a sweetner a few months ago! Use Fruisana, it's fantastic, it keeps my sugar levels stable like the agave sweetner overseas did and tastes just like it. (Avage syrup was not as good and made my tea taste syrupy.) Fruisana is only £1 for 250g and I get mine at Sainsbury's. I don't like Stevia at all and didn't like Splenda either. :) :) Just to recap, I have about 6 cups of tea a day with two heaped teaspoons of Fruisana sweetner and my sugar levels are approximately 6.0(I think it's measured in mol) which is very good.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i use sweetex in tea now and tates ok
when i ran out of milk, i tried black coffee with no sugar/sweetners and its ok