Confused ?

Sarah2014

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My diabetes my anger and my sugars :-(
How can a chocolate bar be better for you than water melon? So confused by this and cooked breaky better than cereals? I don't wanna eat fat to keep sugar down :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I eat a portion controlled, balanced, low GI diet.
I was also on a very low fat diet to lose weight, but increasing it slightly now as I want to maintain it.
By that I mean I used to dry fry, now I may use a teaspoonful of rice bran oil.

Breakfast is normally a couple of dark rye ryvita, low fat cheese and ham, or reduced fat cottage cheese.
Snacks are fruit, lunch may be a salad, and dinner is usually lean meat, or fish.

I always test with my meter to ensure the food doesn't cause spikes,.

I've lost 4 stone, have good Hba1c, good cholesterol, (although I am fine tuning that).
Low GI works for me, but you need to test to see what food is ok for you.

Sarah2014

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks just so confused I went on diet with all healthy lost 6 stone but sugars have shot up if I eat more they stay down but still wanna loose another 3stone :(

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
That's a good loss so far!
You need to refine your diet, and leave out the food that raises your bs. I eat a log of veg, salad, pulses, but avoid most root veg, pasta, rice etc.
But that's me, you need to check after each meal, if you're bs is high, it's off your list.

Reactions: 2 people

Sarah2014

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's a good loss so far!
You need to refine your diet, and leave out the food that raises your bs. I eat a log of veg, salad, pulses, but avoid most root veg, pasta, rice etc.
But that's me, you need to check after each meal, if you're bs is high, it's off your list.
Trial n error I guess

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I agree with Douglas. Find a diet that suits you and your BG levels. High fat is not for everyone. I also don't think a chocolate bar is better for you than watermelon. Just try to reduce the carbs a little to an acceptable level that you can live with and keeps your HbA1C ion target.

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to look at this logically. You do need to control your carb intake to control your blood sugar; you are diabetic and can't metabolise glucose properly. Fats are not the villain that the media and experts have been saying. You can have a sensible amount particularly omega-3 type fats in fish and so on. So, in summary you do need to control the carbs but don't need to have high fat just some combined with protein, veg etc

Reactions: 3 people