What's everyone's hba1cs?

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
6.8 down from 12.3 - not too bad in three months - just got to keep it up!!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
It's actually over the previous 90 days roughly. They measure haemoglobin and don't know all the science behind it but they get an average. This number is important but still need to monitor your own levels as a 3 month avg of 6 could theoretically equate to lots of 3's and. 9's !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Sorry about the 90/120 day thing penalty of multitasking - was working on a 120 day analysis for finance!

over the 90 days, this is the average life of a red blood cell and once the Hb is linked to the glucose molecule it tends to remain so. this therefore gives an average level of the glucose in the blood!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Sorry about the 90/120 day thing penalty of multitasking - was working on a 120 day analysis for finance!

over the 90 days, this is the average life of a red blood cell and once the Hb is linked to the glucose molecule it tends to remain so. this therefore gives an average level of the glucose in the blood!
Thanks Fergus, better than my answer :)

K

Kat100

6.1 old money....not to go any lower.....

Really pleased reading was 18 when first discovered nov 2012 ......it's been 14 months of hard work....
Exercise, same veggie diet, I am not a low carb person, but I have reduced some of them...
I bake when I feel like it, but with sugar substitutes .......the odd homemade cake.....

Get really tired low b12 and iron levels and thyroid under active ........

Met 500 x 3 and statins

fossilhead

Hello everyone! I understand about HbA1C but I wondered if anyone has access to any studies/research in regards to people with type 2 leaving their hba1c sitting between 48-58. This is higher than someone without diabetes (less than 42) so surely this will have long term complications such as retinopathy etc?! I thought the idea was to reduce hba1c to "normal" levels? On diagnosis my partners was 72! Going to check again in about 6 weeks so fingers crossed! Many thanks

popsy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
In my signature :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
My latest test 4.7% something wrong with me ? Much lower than most

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Why are some getting percentages and some numbers ? Are people doing this themselves or are some docs still using old system ? I know there is a conversion, just wondered.