Your age when diagnosed with type 2?

dawn burdon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
at 43 2013, I also suffer from hemochremotosis which does not help my situation !!! its a blood disorder were my body retains and builds iron level's, there a lot of restriction's with this.
I also have fibromialga were my body is in constant pain again the hemochremotosis doesn't help, I am house and wheel chair bound its a very isolated and lonely life ........................................................................................

NiccyW

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 28 and not overweight! Thought to be triggered by the contraceptive pill? That was 39 years ago - been through most treatment options, diet alone, diet and tablets, insulin while pregnant, back on tablets, insulin again (several different types)! Despite constant monitoring and efforts, blood sugars have always been somewhat erratic and I now have various neuropathic problems. Effort is not always rewarded!

Hrw1959

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Diagnosed @ 53 in 2012. Complete shock as was being tested for high cholesterol.

Shelley71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My sister went into premature menopause and I started having similar symptoms. I asked the GP to check my hormone levels. They came back fine but I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes! I was 39.

Husky3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
29, no symptoms but i do have PCOS and my Dad has just been diagnosed also

L

Luna21

53, but I have twice had gestational diabetes in my 20's. One month I was fine apparently, (I get monthly bloods done as I'm on meds for an auto-immune arthritis) the next month I had diabetes!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Type 2 diet controlled , I was 47. I thought I was having hot flushes , turns out I was having raised blood sugars, under control now and no hot flushes .

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Disneyfan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
42 almost 1 year later came off metformin, 5 stone lighter! just diet controlled now although I fear I'm losing control a bit

Carol-P

Well, I was 64 and was diagnosed three weeks before Christmas! Would love to tell you all about me, but I'm having tremendous difficulty communicating in the forum as I am totally blind and nothing seems to work very well for me to do so. I so want to be here! I just can't even find A way to communicate that I need one of the moderators to try to help me out! Email is the best! I had hoped there would be email here, but it seems that there is not. I am finding the discussion so very interesting and do want to communicate and take part. Help help help!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Well, I was 64 and was diagnosed three weeks before Christmas! Would love to tell you all about me, but I'm having tremendous difficulty communicating in the forum as I am totally blind and nothing seems to work very well for me to do so. I so want to be here! I just can't even find A way to communicate that I need one of the moderators to try to help me out! Email is the best! I had hoped there would be email here, but it seems that there is not. I am finding the discussion so very interesting and do want to communicate and take part. Help help help!

i have no idea how you will see this post, i assume someone will read it to you unless you have something amazing that reads text, anyway..... if you would like to get involved PM me your email or ill send you mine, dont think im allowed to put it here, i will post all your stuff for you if would like me to? i dont mind how much you want, its this or the tv which i dont really like so id be happy to do this if you would like, i can copy paste your stuff (copy pasting will avoid my bad grammar), only when chelsea play on the tv im not here lol

Reactions: 2 people

Carol-P

At the moment, I am managing the best I can with my phone, but some of these buttons aren't labelled and often things just don't make any sense to me. I am having some trouble following longer threads and would like to communicate in more of them than I am doing at present. Anyway, no worries, don't worry to send me emails because I know how tiring that would be for you.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
At the moment, I am managing the best I can with my phone, but some of these buttons aren't labelled and often things just don't make any sense to me. I am having some trouble following longer threads and would like to communicate in more of them than I am doing at present. Anyway, no worries, don't worry to send me emails because I know how tiring that would be for you.

well id be happy to give it a try if you would like to, :) let me know, i do have alot of time lol

i have no life in the evenings hehe

edit: ok i got it, PM or email me with thread of your choice and ill copy paste the whole thread to you and you can post your replies from your phone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people