Infusion set sites

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Do any fellow pump users have issues with using arms or lower back as an infusion set site? I seem to struggle with insulin absorption unless I use my tummy - any suggestions please? Thanks :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes and no. no problems using other areas, but, do have to change timing of bolus so insulin has more of a head start to the food.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, but the opposite way round. Always used to inject in my stomach - cannot put a set there now. I've tried using my arms and absorption is good but the set only lasts 2 days max. Now trying my lower back, seems okay so far (although bg has been up and down a bit today - day 2).

JustDomUK

I've used the very top of my thigh as an alternative rest site from my abdomen. This has worked well in terms of absorption for me but is a little trickier from a hair perspective (being a hairy bloke) and it gets a little sore quicker. I use the top outer side of the thigh and if I'm not careful in placing can end up lying on it when in bed. Also if you're using the thigh or arms area it helps if you have the longer sets.