Advice re: crazy readings!

Lea76

I was diagnosed nearly a year ago with type 2. I take 2x500 metformin a day and control my diet. My bloods are usually between 4-6 the odd time 7 if I've stayed off the diet.
However 2 weeks ago I felt funny and tested and I was 2.8! I was shocked an retested and got the same result. Then the following week I was the opposite and was 14.4 I just drank water for hours and it still stayed the same. I eventually ate a small snack and it started reducing after that. Since then I've been running at 6-10's which are high for me but I'm on the same diet and diing nothing different :( (apart from being a bit stressed out)

So what I want to know is why would my bloods go so low if type 2 don't have hypos? And then why go so dramatically the other way and the. Reduce after eating?

Any advice is most welcome as I'm worried and I've got my review in 2 weeks :(

Thank you x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hi
im not type 2 but will try help,
Type 2s on medication can have hypos which u did at 2.8, did you eat less than usual or do more exercise, was you having your period(i know this affects many), when you was high had anything at all changed, less exercise,more food, your period,stressed more than normal? you say you are stressed and that is known to higher bloods so that could be that, type 2s do produce some insulin so when you ate maybe the insulin kicked in or maybe it was coincedence and was going to drop anyway,
try not to worry about your review,it may just be that u need your meds changing, are u on slow release metformin as many find that helps
sorry i couldnt be more helpful;)

Reactions: 2 people

Lea76

Thanks for the reply I had eaten less that normal that day as I was busy. I don't have periods so it's not that. I have been stressed for the past week and my heart keeps racing, not sure if my thyroid needs checking as it's underactive. Would stress make my bloods go higher? My diet and exercise has not changed at all

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
yes stress does cause higher bloods in most diabetics

Reactions: 2 people