I honestly didn't think I WOULD lose any weight, still not convinced I will.

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
I have been very overweight for many years. it started when I hit my teens, lots of steroid due to chest infections, lack of exercise (i got bullied and beat up a lot, not that I didn't give as good as I got, so I stayed in at home and didn't go out very much unless it was with family or family friends)

The weight it now very BAD. I was weighed in september last year at the local GP and I clocked in at a scary 25 stone. the heaviest I have ever been.

It sucks to be honest. I have been like this for a long time, over weight that is. I pretty much don't expect to get rid of it, I honestly 100% believe it will never happen. that doesn't mean I haven't tried. I've gone out more now that I'm an adult. i try to eat right, I've dieted but it's had little impact. it's a 50/50 toss up to be honest between myself and what work's.

well a few day's ago i went for a check up with the diabetic nurse and I asked her just for curiosity's sake if she could weigh me to see how much weight I'd put on this time.

she said I'd lost 3 stone.

I was happy at first but now........I don't think this will last and I'm pretty depressed about it. it's like dangling a carrot in front of you and then pulling it away. it's quite depressing to be honest.

I think it's pretty much due to the metformin I'm guessing and cutting out allot of stuff from my diet.

I dunno, am I the only person to feel like this?

Reactions: 5 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
tbh it sounds like your saying your depressed anout losing 3 stone.....err? look at it as a great headstart to your new diet plan :)

Reactions: 2 people

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
tbh it sounds like your saying your depressed anout losing 3 stone.....err? look at it as a great headstart to your new diet plan :)

I know losing it is good, I'd love to loose ALL the weight but I'm honestly terrified of getting my hopes up that it'll happen. that it'll get so far then I'll just put it all back on again!

mind you it might just be I'm depressed generally. things are exactly great at home at the moment!

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, congratulations on the weight loss, don't know what path you're on but if you stay on it you'll get to wherever it is you're going...........if you know what I mean.....

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
id say this is a glass half full/empty type thing, accept your success and try to build on it, if you can make one thing positive (weight loss) perhaps the other stuff (home) will follow :) and its better to be achieving your weight loss goal and have a ****** home life than to be not achieving it and have a ****** home life, right

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like you have been so conditioned by past dieting "failures" that you are treating even your current success as only a precursor of future failure to come. Maybe you are right! More likely you are not. Who knows! Why not take pleasure and inspiration from your unexpected weight loss. After all maybe it was only because of your past experience that you were not expecting it. Maybe you should have been expecting it, if as you say you have been strict about food following your metformin prescription.

Cut yourself a break. You did very well! Enjoy it ..... And keep at it!

Pavlos

You never know things at home may work out better than you think as well. I hope so anyway.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

chris9996

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables
Hi Pixie, Congratulations of the great weight loss.:D Don't look too far into the future, take each day and pound lost one step at a time. You have made a huge step forward, now you just have to do what you have been doing and celebrate all the little triumphs :joyful: You have done really really well and without knowing it - just think what you could do now if you really try.
Good Luck
Chris

Reactions: 3 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Hi Pixie :) well done for a great weight loss! There's a whole new woman starting to emerge, scarey isn't it?.... but take time to get to know her and love her. I bet she's great! ;)
Lots and lots of luck
Geri x

Reactions: 9 people

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
thank you guy's :) I have a stupid massive smile on my face now :)

Reactions: 9 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A 3 stone loss is brilliant and something to be celebrated. Well done you! I hope you can turn your mind-set round and look on this achievement as something to be proud of, and use it to motivate yourself to keep going. Lots of luck. x

Reactions: 5 people
K

Kat100

It is great , you have done really well, 3 stones is the size of a small child....it is a lot to loose really well done x

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
3 stone is great and as everyone says above be positive and more will follow

Onwards and upwards (oh no downwards that should be)

Lin 26

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bad manners
Bad driving
Greed
Disrespecting others
Bullying
I only have one word for you. AWESOME !!! Xx