Creative User Names

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Smidge actually is my name - well almost - it's a nickname I've had since childhood. I was always very small, so my family called me Smidgen and it got shortened to Smidge. It gets used by those who know me more than my real name!

Smidge

Julie Jazz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My name is Julie and my car is a Jazz!! My avatar is beause I think Betty Boop is great.

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
I'm Mrs Vimes because I would marry Commander Vimes if I could. (Terry Pratchett character).

Awww but Sybil got him first the wily minx :happy: Just adore, love and revere Terry P.

I always go completely blank when filling in those forms for signing onto a forum. Just sit here staring at the screen going errrrrrrrr...o_O
We had just been watching The Dam Busters for the thousandth time and one of the planes coming over the german dams was code named P for Popsy so I suppose it just 'popped' in there. Sorry ;) I didn't fancy being A for Apple, M for Mother, Z for Zebra, G for George or any of the others but I thought popsy was cute and made me sound about 19! rofl...yeah like that's gonna happen :D

Reactions: 2 people

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hay popsy - just throw it in my face!

I can see Jennifer Saunders in the church singing "it shoulda been me!"

But I do like Lady Sybil so I'll live with it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine came many years ago from the young daughter of a dear friend who decided Julian wasn't sufficient hence I became Julifriend.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Mine comes from my obsession withScandinavia - mostly Sweden. I lived out there, used Swedish all day, every day in my job and in an effort to bring my children up with another language,I only speak it and no English to them. Mostly read in Swedish too. We go often on holiday and we got married out there. Very sad, I know! Got to go to work now and don't feel like it as had rubbish sleep! :(

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reminds me of my job working with copepods - well, counting Antarctic phytoplankton from bottles, some of which had copepods present, others had no copepods, down a microscope in Cambridge; more phytoplankton remained in bottles where there were no copepods to eat them. Sadly, I developed type 1 diabetes as a 30 year old, so was prevented from working on ships or bases in Antarctica, although I did lead the science aspect of a youth expedition to South Georgia.

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Mine is not so creative im afraid just plain and simple, I am Not So Sweet any more since I can no longer consume sweet things.

Akita's

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Because me and the wife have got two beautiful Japanese akita dogs.

Hello everyone by the way. First post but have been reading the forum for about a month now. Feel a bit of a fraud though has I haven't been diagnosed with diabetes.

I went to the hospital about five weeks ago and they found glucose in my urine. Went to the doctors last week and they couldn't get any blood. They tried twice and i said they couldnt try any more as i didnt want to end up looking like a pin cushion. I've got a phobia of needles as I pass out sometimes and I don't like the sharp prick feeling. Got another appointment next week. Just hope they can get some blood easily this time.

Have been feeling very tired of late I could stay in bed all day. Did use to urinate a lot but that seems to have calmed down now and I sweat a hell of a lot.

Sorry for the long post!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App