Temperatures

keri

Ever since I have had diabetes( type one) I have noticed that I feel different temperatures to people without diabetes! For example I could run a bath with just pure hot water and still feel as if it wasn't hot enough, my mum tried the same and said it was schoulding hot, in the summer I am often cold and winter often hot:3 does anyone else get this or is it diabetes related or not?

CathyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit different to you. I feel my body has forgotton how to control my temperature and I have to physically control it by throwing clothes and blanketson and and use hot water bottles to warm up when i find myself cold and shivery and then have to throw off all clothese and douse with cold water when i suddenly realise I am "dying with heat exhaustion". This is not seasonally related it seems that I am only comfortable for a few hours before i hit one of the extremes. If anything mineappears to be food related - cold when I need to eat and sweating after I've eaten

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Have you thought about a thyroid test. Badly differing body temperatures is,usually,one of,the symptoms. I am on thyroxine and still have problems.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App