New hypo symptom?

jules65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I was driving home yesterday, 20 minute journey, was 5.6 before started the car, was about 5 minutes from home when my eye started twitching really badly, got in and noticed usual hypo symptoms and tested at 2.8. Was the twitching coincidental or do others get this warning?
Thanks in advance, Jules

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My eye twitches if I am very tired. not noticed it with regard to hypos.
A temporary blank area at the centre of my vision (similar to my migraine symptom) can indicate a hypo in my case.

iHs

Jules 5.6mmol is only just ok to drive unless you are sure that yr bg will go up and not down. 7mmol is far safer but even on that, you need to be sure that you wont drop down too fast

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
over the last 10 yrs ive had so many different hypo symptoms, this being one of them:)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Close call Jules, not had the twitching eyes before but do can get blurry vision if bg drops too low (or even high).

jules65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks to you all, I know you can't attribute everything to our diabetes, but it hadn't happened before & not something I usually suffer from.
Have had a lot of unexplained hypos the last few days :(

keri

I have had that a couple of times only when I have been really low though x it may be linked with it!

Reggie64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who think they know a lot about Diabetes and actually don't.
Not had the twitching eye but agree with DunePlodder, I get the strange lights in my eyes and the centre part appears to be blank - strange.
Having had Migraines in the past - I am aware of the similarities.

It is obvious enough to warn me about my BG dropping.