First hypo

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brown rice, all the negative attention diabetics get from the media
I had my first hypo today and my god it scared the hell out of me on my own with my 8 month old daughter partner in bed after hernia surgery, I won't forget that in a hurry. From cold sweats to leg tremors and confusion I never want to experience that again for as long as I live :bigtears: I still fell utterly rubbish almost 2 hours later. I'll definitely know what to watch out for next time if I am stressed - nothing else was different, I ate the same food, amount and the same amount of insulin for that meal so it has to be stress right?

I just needed to get that off my chest in the hopes it will make me fell better about it all, thanks for reading x

emmarw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Stress does that to me too, just have to watch for the signs now you know how they feel. Hopefully not a regular appearance though, and you got through it! First one is always a bit scary!

Reactions: 2 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Eeek, i remember my 1st hypo too, hope u dont have too many:)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
They are not nice Kerry that's for sure, at least now you know what symptoms to look out for so you'll be better prepared next time. My own first hypo was induced in the hospital, still remember it to this day even though it was 32 years ago.

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I am now glad I have experienced my first and like you all say I now know what to look out for in the future, it's surprising how scary the unknown is! Next time I hope I don't panic as much and just get on with it x

keri

God that sounds horrible! I hated my first time but over the years they have gotten better and I only get simple yet effective symptoms! Hope it will be the same for you one day x

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks Keri, I had another one on Sunday when hoovering for my mum same symptoms again.

Could it have happened because I did a lot more than I usually would? It sounds daft but after running around after my 8 month old all day long I don't get much time to do a lot of housework in one go and have to spilt it up over a few nights, whereas on Sunday I'd done the usual running about after my daughter and mum who's disabled and then started on her housework. The reason I ask is nothing else was different that day, same foods, times and insulin x

keri

Yea it could of easily been because of that! My hypos are often caused by similar things:3 as if you are doing more stuff you burn of your energy quicker which will cause your blood sugars to drop faster than if you just sat down watching TV x so you it's all normal! X

Draven619

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My first was 24 years ago zooming around the ward playing in a wheelchair lol. We all adapt to it quickly though.......you'll do fine :)

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Keri, I had another one on Sunday when hoovering for my mum same symptoms again.

Could it have happened because I did a lot more than I usually would? It sounds daft but after running around after my 8 month old all day long I don't get much time to do a lot of housework in one go and have to spilt it up over a few nights, whereas on Sunday I'd done the usual running about after my daughter and mum who's disabled and then started on her housework. The reason I ask is nothing else was different that day, same foods, times and insulin x

My BMs always drop after hoovering, especially carrying the vacuum up and down the stairs. I'd imagine non diabetics think it's just an excuse for us to get out of doing the housework! x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ahh now I was up and down the stairs like a yo yo with it (don't ask why because I don't know myself) that could just explain it thanks DaniT1D x

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks very much guys, I can always rely on you to help clear the fog x