Help!

jokeav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone
I have type2 and am trying desperately to get to a healthy weight, which is what I have been trying to do for mOst of my life. I have lost around a stone but have now stabilised and I still need to lose another 3 stone at least. My problem is I do not know which way to turn as there is so much advice out there as to how to lose weight. At the moment my appetite has gone into overdrive , I don't know how to curb it.
What to do for the best, any ideas!!!!!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
The answer is easy ! Doing it is another matter ! Easy answer is to eat less and exercise more but I guess this isn't what you want to hear. Can you give us any more background info ? Meds etc ? Current diet ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jokeav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The answer is easy ! Doing it is another matter ! Easy answer is to eat less and exercise more but I guess this isn't what you want to hear. Can you give us any more background info ? Meds etc ? Current diet ?

Thanks for your responses
I am on metformin meds.
I was successful on low carb diet but due to recent family bereavement have gone off the rails completely and my appetite is now voracious.
I need to get refocused and settle for a lifestyle change, I am 62 years old so should have control by now but hopeless at moment.
How do you keep motivated to eat healthily especially when sad things happen to the people you love?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Life is not easy and we all go through loss, stress, bereavement etc. I don't have a magic answer, my focus would be I want to hang on to my lower limbs and vision ! Bit harsh but works for me. The low carb works, just try to stick with it. You know what you need to do :)

jokeav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Life is not easy and we all go through loss, stress, bereavement etc. I don't have a magic answer, my focus would be I want to hang on to my lower limbs and vision ! Bit harsh but works for me. The low carb works, just try to stick with it. You know what you need to do :)
Thanks
Sometimes it's just good to hear from others who can rationalise when I am not able too.
Yes, you are correct, I do know what to do ,
I will try again tomorrow !!

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I tried the Newcastle Diet which worked wonders for me. It broke food habits I'd had for years.
The maintenance is slightly harder a few months down the line but I generally feel it was a great thing for me.

Cara

Terry C

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Drug companies

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, Simon Cowell and spiders
Hi everyone
I have type2 and am trying desperately to get to a healthy weight, which is what I have been trying to do for mOst of my life. I have lost around a stone but have now stabilised and I still need to lose another 3 stone at least. My problem is I do not know which way to turn as there is so much advice out there as to how to lose weight. At the moment my appetite has gone into overdrive , I don't know how to curb it.
What to do for the best, any ideas!!!!!
I am pretty much in the same boat as you, Lost 17lbs so far over 2 months but am now stuck. I am excercising every day and keeping carbs low but as you well know its getting frustrating now. keep us posted and good luck!