Feeling hypo when not.

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone,

As you can tell my my topic title I'm wondering if anybody ever feels hypo when they're not?

Every day between 3-4pm I will feel hypo and I'm not. (Bg is around 13 which is normal for me due to insulin resistance)
Some people have said that it's because my bg is high all the time and it's came down a little bit I don't think this is right though because my bg is usually between 10 and 16.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated!

Indiana x

June79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It sounds similar to what I experienced when I first got put in an insulin pump only difference was that my levels were actually lower to what I had been accustomed to.
Could it be that what your feeling is your lunch time bolus taking effect and maybe you drop a few mmol/l but quite fast?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hi,
It does tend to happen if my bloods drop a couple of mmol quickly even when not hypo:)

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No idea! It's really strange.
I can't concentrate, feel funny inside, and all of the other hypo symptoms but no change in bg!
It's baffling me! I spoke to my consultant about it but she didn't seem to know much about anything if I'm honest =\

Indiana x

tizzy

I feel funny at odd times I think perhaps like someone suggested its the sudden change in bg I know this is weird but it reminds me of the stage in labour when you start to push( sorry men) they called it the transition an awfull feeling throughout your body and head I have four children and only experienced it with the first I guess a rush of hormones which insulin is fortunately not often and a diluted form of it