that looks tastie

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
WELL HERE I AM A CUP OF YOURKSHIRE (other brands are available) TEA BY MY SIDE AND A BATENBURG CAKE ON THE TABLE
SHOULD I OR SHOULDN'T I. PLEASE VOTE NOW!! RICHARD

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i vote yes

then you can ask a sensible question like, what to do about blurry vision or painful legs

enjoy

Reactions: 5 people

Draven619

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat those a lot along with a lot of other **** i shouldn't, have done for nearly twenty years and now i'm paying for it with major circulation problems in several areas......it's your call m8 but tis a slippery slope good sir :)

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Nah, don't do it lol. Marzipan is the work of the devil ! (Yuck).

For once tiny slice of cake, you could have a veritable bucketload of sugar free jelly and cream. Lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
The tea sounds lovely, I would have a tiny bite of the Battenberg..........

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love(d) marzipan, but vote NO!

Ditto ! A definite NO to the cake, but I'll allow you your cuppa without any sugar...

Marzipan is one of the things I miss most - our local shop sells almost as good as home made Battenburgs, but my husband seems to prefer the awful Mr Kipling concoctions...

Robbity

Julie Jazz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't do it!! If I can watch my husband eat three Thornton's chocs and not have one, then you can ignore the cake.
How I love Thornton's!!!
Julie. :woot:

Reactions: 2 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Depends entirely on what it does to you.
Check with a meter, if you haven't got one, you need one.

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
No, because Battenburg looks like it's made from Play-dough. Get a wedge of home made fruit cake and do it in style

(The worry about loss of sensation in your fingers and toes)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Don't do it......although 2 hours later it's a bit late!!!!

Carol-P

Well, if I'm going to do that, I might as well give up the diet completely and it's exactly what I want – chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate! I think not! I'll go for the cuppa and no sugar thanks!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Depends entirely on what it does to you.
Check with a meter, if you haven't got one, you need one.

lol so you advocate eating battenberg as long as you test? :hilarious: if rat poison doesnt effect my bg should i eat that?

Reactions: 2 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well if you eat it, you will have consumed 157 calories (37g slice and I doubt that's very big) . Almost all 'empty calories' ie just fat and sugar. If you do then go for a brisk walk, walking at 1-1.5 miles at four miles per hour. This will use up the calories and help to keep your glucose levels down.( It depends on weight because I'd have to walk over 2miles at that rate to use 160 cal)
(though as you wrote this several hours ago I suspect the decisions well and truly made!)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Well if you eat it, you will have consumed 157 calories (37g slice and I doubt that's very big) . Almost all 'empty calories' ie just fat and sugar. If you do then go for a brisk walk, walking at 1-1.5 miles at four miles per hour. This will use up the calories and help to keep your glucose levels down.( It depends on weight because I'd have to walk over 2miles at that rate to use 160 cal)
(though as you wrote this several hours ago I suspect the decisions well and truly made!)

i was told recently by a team of marathon runners at a marathon conference thing that when we run we only burn 100 calories an mile on average, would you disagree with that? its a subject im very interested in

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
lol so you advocate eating battenberg as long as you test? :hilarious: if rat poison doesnt effect my bg should i eat that?

Do you want to eat rat poison?
Seems odd to me, but each to his own diet.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
seems odd that its ok to eat battenberg :) i would liken it to rat poison with those ingredients