The Polar Bear Inn, a virtual pub

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I might have a bottle of the 2003 Barossa shiraz left out in the back, needs a good 10 hours of breathing and its 16%, but for the right customer I might be willing to share, come back tomorrow....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
I was next door in the Dog & Gun but they're throwing sugar around, seems a bit less rowdy here, mind if I come in?

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry I'm late - I have just been making pancakes for the hoards. I even had one myself with sugar free jam and double cream - yum! Bs only 6.6 an hour after eating! Anyway, mines a large class of Chardonnay please. Actually, on second thoughts, make it a baileys with ice.

i do have the Baileys, but may I suggest a brandy Alexander instead as a less carby and rather nicer alternative?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Just what the doctor ordered - with ice please! :)

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Good evening Landlord, fellow pubbers. I've just popped in for a quick one enroute elsewhere. (Not driving) Have brought a bottle, so please join me in a toast to " The Future" ..... long may it last ;)
image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
That'll be pixie boots landlord, not wellies:eek:. Cheers ;)

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah well, wellies have a larger volume though.

LAST ORDERS PULLEEEEZE LADEEEZ AN GENTS! Anyone left behind when I leave will just have to serve themselves and update their own tab behind the bar..............

Reactions: 3 people

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Afternoon landlord- is it too early to ask about the menu for Sunday? We taffs are a discerning bunch when it comes to grub you know.
Also, do you provide dragon stabling? I'm prepared to pay more for good quarters and would be very interested in a grooming package.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i am willing to consider reasonable menu requests, but I should warn you there is currently a shortage of unicorns so unicorn pie will be very expensive if thats what you were thinking of. Stabling should be available but there may be a small charge for the additional flameproofing that the insurance company insists on.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
My current fave pub food is slow roast lamb shank, lots of veg with mustard mash ! OK, the mash it a bit naughty but I only eat a small portion. Lashings of onion gravy ! Any chance Thommo ?