cloudy urine

knightsbliss

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
spiders, cheese, crowded places
i know it sounds odd, but does anyone else have cloudy urine. don't have it all the time. i have been tested for infection and everything else, kidney function ok. it can burn sometimes but not always. the doctor doesn't seem to take it seriously. i have ocd so it drives me mad not knowing. just if anyone else shares this issue or maybe have a clue what this might be.

saramaz75

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had cloudy urine for a while around the time I was diagnosed with diabetes, but it was because I was suffering from a severe kidney infection at the time. Once the infection went, so did the cloudy urine and I havent had it since. Maybe try and see a different doctor.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get this sometimes too and I've been told it's not an infection.
I often get high levels of protein in my urine so I'm not sure if it's something to do with that?

How much are you drinking? If you're not drinking enough then it won't run clear.

Indiana x

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
According to my gp if infection has been ruled out and there are no other symptoms it can be caused by dehydration

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
No answer required here, but something to think through..... are you sexually active? Do you ever have any discharge? If the answer is no to these questions then the advice from others to drink plenty of water and stay well hydrated is what I'd say too. Hope it gets better soon ;)

lacey1

i had and sometimes still do get this my gp told me its very common in women that r sexual active and if u make a diary it almost always will show a pattern of ether happening when ur period is due just before or after and also can happen with ovulation every month and is all completely normal 99% of the time :D

Reactions: 2 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
i had and sometimes still do get this my gp told me its very common in women that r sexual active and if u make a diary it almost always will show a pattern of ether happening when ur period is due just before or after and also can happen with ovulation every month and is all completely normal 99% of the time :D

Yes, that's true for women, but knightsbliss is a guy ;)

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Cloudy urine can be caused by dehydration, just make sure to keep hydrated knightsbliss.