Off sick

Marfmama

Iv had a bit of a stomach bug so called In sick today... luckily not been too bad, but.. do you ever feel like you just want to call in and say sorry - don't feel like coming in, im diabetic..some days I just feel really "off" and cant really explain it to anyone else. Suppose it doesnt help that I hate my job haha!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Lol, hope you feel better soon;)

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know what you mean!
My last place of employment tried to sack me because of my poor attendance (even though I was off for a month because of a car accident that was at work)
I really had to fight my corner to keep my job and I took loads of evidence in with me to prove that I was protected and they couldn't sack me.
Less than a year later they found something else to sack me for because they wanted me out.

What I'm trying to say is you're not the only one that feels like this. Take the time you need to recover, long times off sick look better than lots of little ones apparently so make sure you're 100% better before you return.

Hope you feel better very soon!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No I agree, nothing worse than hating a job. Take tomorrow off as well and have a long weekend which should give you time to recover :)

Marfmama

Ha thanks guys! This has made me realise how much I hate it and need a change - im normally happy to work like a trojan and hate calling in sick, its been over a year since I was off ill and that was for being admitted to hospital when I had the noro virus or whatever it was called! I teach in a college and its super depressing.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I'm just replying as I havent had a day off sick in ages and last night was up with a stomach upset too, My tummy really aches and i'm hoping it will clear soon, so going to go back to bed and try and recover some sleep now ;)

Hope everyone else is happy and healthy today !

Cherry-Pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know what you mean! I am really lucky as my employer is brilliant about my diabetes and all my colleagues are really supportive.

Before this job I worked for a large company who said I would have to keep my diabetic equipment in a locked cupboard as someone might use my needles. Needless to say I left there pretty soon after!! Not a nice thing to say, but sometimes I really wish there was a way of making non diabetic people diabetic for a day so they knew how it felt...

Hope you are feeling better soon :)