newly diagnosed :)

Miasma

I'd been feeling very dehydrated since july 2008, but put it down to a throat infection, stupidly. wasn't until september i was getting even thirstier and needing to wee a lot more than, well, a human should.
come the beginning of january, i'd lost about 3 stone in a matter of weeks, i wasn't hungry, i was vomitting and in a lot of pain, so I went to the doctors with a few other symptoms, terrified it was meningitis, only for the doctor to tell me it was a tummy bug, without even examining me. lovely. two days of just drinking orange juice, going to the toilet a lot, and throwing up every hour later, and my parents called the emergency doctor, who came and made me do a urine sample, to find 24 ketones ! rushed into hospital, my blood sugar was 29, and in the hospital i stayed for 11 days.

so here i am, 18, and a type 1 diabetic. I'm on 12 units of novorapid 3 times a day, and 20 units of levemir once a day.

I'm very friendly, and I will be grateful for any tips people pass on along the way :)

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
Hi Miasma,

So are we, very friendly that is, and more than willing to offer advice when needed. Have a good look round and hope you enjoy your time with us.

Regards, Tubs.

Orchid

Hi Miasmo and welcome to the forum. I'm new to the forum too, but glad I found it and that's me being diagnosed type 1 for 34 years. Still learning! I hope you have started to feel much better.

Orchid

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and welcome,
ask as many questions as u have, theres always someone around to help :D

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Miasma,
welcome to the forum, it's a great place to be, we're just like one big happy family, always here for each other
Suzi x

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wow, Miasma!

Your baptism in diabetes sounds identical to mine - age, weight loss, thicko doctor, the lot!

I hope we can help you along the road to rude good health, glad to have you aboard.

All the best,

fergus