painful scrotum

chrisdaddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is probably nothing to do with Diabetes but I can't anything else which comes close. About 3 months ago I got thrush (not a problem) but it wouldn't go away with just cream so Doc put me on anti fungal tablets as well. Thrush seems to have cleared in my groin but my scrotum is on fire and as itchy as hell Can Anyone Help Me Please as I am going out of my mind.

Thanks in advance everyone
Chris

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Hi Chris

What are your sugar readings like as I had similar problems to yours when my levels were high and when they went down-my symptoms went away.

Paul

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
High bg can cause thrush, fact!
It's bloody awful but lowering your levels helps a lot :)

Feel better soon!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisdaddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
My BG is up and down from day to day can't seem to stabilise it no matter what I do am going to see nurse on Monday see what they want to try next. one day it can be between 4.9 and 7 the next it can be 14 these are just approximate as I only just started retesting as doc said it wasn't needed for nearly 12 months :(

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That sounds like why you've got it then.

Your doctor said not to test your bg?!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Hello
My BG is up and down from day to day can't seem to stabilise it no matter what I do am going to see nurse on Monday see what they want to try next. one day it can be between 4.9 and 7 the next it can be 14 these are just approximate as I only just started retesting as doc said it wasn't needed for nearly 12 months :(
This has surely got to be evidenced that GP and NICE advice for T2 not to test is absolute rubbish. It is the only way WE have to monitor our bloods and keep ourselves healthy.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Without self testing-you'll never know what foods are spiking your levels and thus,which ones to avoid or cut down on,your meter is your friend and can be a tool in conjunction with diet that can ultimately stop you getting the nasty diabetic complications(Including your manhood problems) in the first place.;)

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
This is probably nothing to do with Diabetes but I can't anything else which comes close. About 3 months ago I got thrush (not a problem) but it wouldn't go away with just cream so Doc put me on anti fungal tablets as well. Thrush seems to have cleared in my groin but my scrotum is on fire and as itchy as hell Can Anyone Help Me Please as I am going out of my mind.

Thanks in advance everyone
Chris
I get a similar thing, itchy downstairs, when urine is sugary. But since watching my BG levels and keeping them down I've been free of it... it's a dreadful, desperate itch!

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
This has surely got to be evidenced that GP and NICE advice for T2 not to test is absolute rubbish. It is the only way WE have to monitor our bloods and keep ourselves healthy.
Why do GPs say not to test. My GP told me the same thing today... but I told her that I like to know what my levels are. How else are we to know.
Crazy!

chrisdaddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone for the advice if the docs and nurses can suss out what is going on they may be able to alter my med's to suit. At the moment am on Metformin and Gliclazide.

Chris

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
Hi Chris, you've just reminded me of an issue I had early last year before diagnosed, I had a very irritating itch constantly, not on the

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
Hi Chris, you've just reminded me of an issue I had early last year before diagnosed, I had a very irritating itch constantly after going for a wee on my winkie, it lasted for hours and it was constant for about 6 months. When diagnosed and reduced carbs, diet etc it went away, but I did develop hydrocole if spelt correctly, which is fluid around the testical which was removed last year. Not sure if this will help but I do link high BS levels for this. Hope this helps mate but get it checked out, nothing worse than having a good scratch below in public. Lol.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Cannot add any extra advice that has not already been given but this was how I was diagnosed, at the doctors with an itchy knob, my in built meter if I'm too high for a long time is thrush and itchiness.
Hope you can stabilize your sugars and avoid the itch and caneston cream, best of luck!!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
I had groin issues when my sugar was high too.
Do you count carbs? It maybe more a stable carb intake per meal, per day. to even the fluctuations than meds change because you are getting under 5.
daisy1's post in the link gives more
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/newly-diagnosed-type-two.54429/

Last edited by a moderator: