Room 101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How about holidaymakers from hell ! Queuing to check in and nearly at the front when the rest of the family suddenly turn up to join the lone passenger in front of you ! Then you're sat behind then on the plane and within minutes their seats are all reclined into your face !

You have just reminded me of something similar in a dentist's waiting area. You are supposed to check in but there was a couple and four or five children at the desk. The were booking repeat appointments for all of them. One was away and another couldn't make the proposed date for some other reason etc. I couldn't get attention so I sat down to wait until they vanished into room 101 (I wish).

Eventually the dentist came out, looked at me and asked if I was waiting to see him. I said I was. He then proceeded to tell me off for not checking in. Apparently I am stupid for not knowing the rules. I decided not to argue back since I was on a loser.

Reactions: 2 people

Nicholas Hoare

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Talking of self service and holidays, I hate it at the airport (East Midlands) when I go in to WH Smiths. All I want is a bottle of water and told to use self service, lots of people in front of me very confused, looking for boarding passes, trying to find where to put money, trying to find where to get change out etc etc and all the time there are about 4 or 5 staff members standing around doing nothing. By the time I have got my bottle of water my plane has left and is on it's way back. Next time I will go into the toilet and drink tap water

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
How about holidaymakers from hell ! Queuing to check in and nearly at the front when the rest of the family suddenly turn up to join the lone passenger in front of you ! Then you're sat behind then on the plane and within minutes their seats are all reclined into your face !
Makes me more than happy that I don't DO holidays!
No, no, I couldn't stand that.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
id like to put the staff of my local co op in there who serve on their own making a queue wait for 15 minutes then ring the bell for help from a fellow numpty who was rearranging a shelf

The Co-ops near me are good with service, Probably because I originally complained! Now if I'm waiting in a long queue with one on the till I shout 'Shop please!'

But, the music in there should be banished to Room 101 for sure.... !
Play something that is sedate and restful. (Studies have shown that if they did people would buy more) But of course the staff in there play what they like to listen to ... all day!

RichardJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Talking about music has to be the music played down the phone when your put on hold! There's only so much of one song I can take.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Talking about music has to be the music played down the phone when your put on hold! There's only so much of one song I can take.
I think the idea is that they put us on hold, play us a song to do our heads in and stress us out, then when we react all irritable they can say: 'I'm terminating this call.'
So all those customer service workers that don't know how to handle a stressful situation, including raised voices, can all go into Room 101 and there they can be subjected to their own wretched attitiude!

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Why. It sign up to the Mail Preference Service, same with telephone PS. Takes a little,while but cuts all,the **** out eventually.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have signed up to the Telephone preference service. It has only stopped us getting these calls from UK companies. The overseas ones just carry on.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I did all that with the telephone and still get a few cold callers Alan, I might just do that with the mail so thanks for suggesting!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
We have signed up to the Telephone preference service. It has only stopped us getting these calls from UK companies. The overseas ones just carry on.

That sounds about right, they all seem to be from overseas.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did all that with the telephone and still get a few cold callers Alan, I might just do that with the mail so thanks for suggesting!
Or...you could forward the junk mail to me...I just love opening post!

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, Simon Cowell and spiders
nuisance telephone callers..particularly those from overseas call centres
I agree
1/ Pretend Im somebody else
2/ Pretend Im not a homeowner, just a tennant
3/ Pretend I am hard of hearing

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Motorists who fail to use their car indicators, particularly at roundabouts.

There should be a fast track lane guiding them directly into Room 101,
and perhaps, on arrival in that dark, dismal and damp room, they would
obligingly remind us of......
how many days after passing our driving test we can dispense with the use
of the car indicators.

:confused:

Enjoy a new driving experience again....start using your indicators. :joyful:

willie. :)
Agreed it annoys the hell out of me

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
1 Cal & TAB, who can remember them? They were the only soft drinks available when I was first diagnosed, both tasted disgusting :(
LOL My tastebuds have died just reading this

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Good one, I also cannot understand that as soon as the plane touches the tarmac everyone is out of their seats grabbing handluggage ready to sprint off the plane, they have to queue at passport control and then wait again at the baggage carousel or is this a new Olympic sport?

Reactions: 4 people

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
lol, i do worry the barber will think im gay, but ya cant control goose bumps :( or maybe i m gay lol i dunno, i always wanted a fetish :) i never quite got beating someone up so this may be a good comprimise sado barberism?

I wanted a fetish, but all I got was fatish...

Reactions: 5 people