Did you inject in stomach during pregnancy?

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondering how other diabetics felt about injecting in the stomach area during pregnancy?

First pregnancy I found it so hard to do as I was worried about baby how close to the surface baby was when I'd been seeing limbs poking through my stomach, however the nurse said it was still ok to

I'm on a pump now and just trying to find my boundaries of where I can insert infusion set, I'm 23 weeks, so just wondered how other ladies managed/ are managing in terms of injection sites..

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
No! I just couldn't do it. I knew it was illogical, but my belly felt so full and stretched I recoiled from the thought of pricking it! My thighs ended up rather sore from three insulin injections a day plus heparin when I flew.

Good luck with the pregnancy.
Kate

fig

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i did for the first 6-7 months but when i started to get big i couldn't bare the thought of it as my tummy started to feel like it would pop if i pricked it with a needle haha

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been ok up until this week injecting high at the top of my stomach but I've had a big growth spurt this week and think I may have to stick to the "love handles" now as my skin is stretching it's becoming to sting alot more :( the DSN talks as if its just me overreacting with injecting in bump but glad I'm not the only one that finds it all abit too much in the bump lol!

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,
I can understand how hard is this for you. I it also too dangerous for the baby who is very near to your stomach while pocking the injection...

Moaney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
U can inject in the stomach right through your pregnancy, there is a very thick layer of skin between you and baby, it would never penetrate and harm baby. However, some people find it a bit weird so choose not too, I'm 19 weeks and still do, but not very often. Go for legs and bum, they're the best options!! :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

LemonTree

Dislikes
High sugar levels :(
I've been changed onto 4mm needles after being on 8mm for years - apparently they don't recommend these to anyone anymore!! - and I don't think I will worry about injecting until I get quite big. I'm 17 weeks now and still got a nice fat layer ;) I do my long acting injections in my thighs but they are awful - very bruised and sometimes bleed or get instant lumps which effects absorption. I will keep my stomach injections going for as long as I can.