The Cure for Type 2 Diabetes

carefix

Introduction:

I began posting on the essential fatty acid (EFA) treatment for type 2 diabetes about three years ago and a number of people began to take notice of what I and other people were saying about type 2 diabetes. It is a man made disease, its cause is known and has been known for some time and it is curable. I began a series of postings which I never completed and a few people tried the treatment. Some reported back and almost all who did so reported improvements in their condition. Some have reported being completely cured.

I, like others, have also alleged that type 2 diabetes exists for the benefit of the medical profession and the pharmaceutical companies who make vast fortunes out of this evil disease. These people have no interest in curing this disease and in fact have developed a treatment regime designed to make diabetes worse, not better. This I have demonstrated with reference to the published scientific literature which supports my arguments.

Over a year ago I suggested to a friend that the people behind the diabetes genocide would do what they could to prevent the truth about diabetes and its most effective treatment from becoming known to its victims and suggested that my postings would be deleted from the diabetes forums. I also suggested they might employ placemen to rubbish what I was saying in these forums. In December 2007 I was contacted by diabetes UK who told me that my thread had gone missing. From what I have seen recently it seems that not only the main thread but one or two others had gone. Note that it is not just the content of these threads that has gone but the thread header as well so whoever removed them had a level of access equal or greater to that of a forum moderator, perhaps obtained via hacking.

Diabetes UK asked me to repost this material and I intend so to do. However I will be re-writing the material in some degree in the light of experience gained and because I was very ill at the time of my original writing and very, very angry indeed having narrowly escaped from an attempt on my life by my diabetes care team. I have no doubt that this highly trained group of medical professionals were blissfully unaware of what they were in fact doing. Training requires the acceptance of received wisdom and the suppression of thought.

Finally I intend to delve further into current research to type 2 diabetes for those who have not so far been as successful as our curees. While there have been cures and some spectacular early successes there do seem to be some people who are so far showing only limited improvements. This concerns me and I need to look into it. I can speculate for example that some people have bodies that are quite happy constructing replacement body cells out of trans fatty acids even when EFAs are present. This would be a genetic factor which would slow down the cure rate but not eliminate its possibility. There is some interesting research out on liver brown fat and diabetes which intrigues me and the issue as to whether hypothyroidism in the hereditary genetics of an individual might be a negative indicator for beta cell loss.

<u>The Essential Fatty Acids Diet</u>

This is a modified reposting of thread content.

The purpose of this posting is to help bring to and end the diabetes epidemic that is sweeping the nation. It is the first of a number of posting I intend to make on the subject of type II diabetes in response to a suggestion by forum admin that I repost my views on the new forum. I must point out that I am not the originator of much of the material I will post; the credit for the truths that I will bring to your attention belongs to others. While I have made one or two links and useful observations my role is largely to communicate to the sufferers of type II diabetes the true nature of their illness and show them how to cure it. In this first posting I will simply give to you the cure for type II diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is in principle simple to cure and in fact it is not actually a disease in its own right. Type II diabetes is just one of many symptoms of an epidemic condition which has swept across the western world from its humble origins just over a century ago. Indeed type 2 diabetes did not exist one hundred years ago, but more of that later. First of all I will give you a cure program for type 2 diabetes, a disease which is just one of many symptoms of trans-isomer fatty acid poisoning:

The cure program itself lies within the boundaries of orthodox medical treatments and recommendations. You need do nothing that your doctor or diabetic care team should not prescribe or recommend, in fact all you are going to do is make one small change to your diet, you are going to replace all the unnatural trans-isomer fats in your diet with natural cis-isomer fats. You will continue to take all prescribed medications and stay within the limits of a calorie controlled diet as discussed with your dietician.

Currently about 40% of all supermarket products contain synthetic trans isomer fats and should not be purchased or consumed. Trans isomer fats are found in almost all products containing the following:

Partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, vegetable oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, corn oil, vegetable fat, vegetable margarine. If you have any cooking oils of this nature either throw them away or shelve them for a few months until you have tested this diet.

Having removed the synthetic trans isomer fats from your diet you need to replace them with natural cis-isomer fats. While you will eventually learn how to do this by incorporating them into meals in the first place you simply need to build up a sufficient background level in your body so that they can be incorporated into your new body cells. Human body cells are replaced on average every couple of years by new ones. As your diet progresses you body will be remade from undamaged and non diabetic body cells.

For the first six weeks take three or four tablespoonful a day of linseed oil (flax oil). Linseed oil has a calorific value of 120 calories per tablespoon. Thereafter take the following per day:

2 tablespoonful of linseed oil,
2 tablespoonful of hemp oil,
2 teaspoonful of fish oil.

Notes: Stay within the dose recommendations for fish oils otherwise vitamin A poisoning can result. Pregnant women or those attempting to become pregnant should take lower amounts of linseed oil or avoid it for the duration. There is no exact formula for improving your condition. Linseed oil and hemp oil contain large quantities of essential fatty acids. Linseed is heavy with ALA and hemp oil has the EFA balance most closely matched to the EFA balance of a healthy human. Some people recommend taking a yoghurt after the oil. Some who can’t tolerate linseed just take the hemp oil.

These oils are simply food and can be incorporated into prepared food. They should not however be used at frying or roasting temperatures. Only use olive oils, extra virgin olive oil, or any other cold pressed or trans fat free oils in the cooking or preparation of food in addition to the above list. Animal fats especially dairy fats are an acceptable alternative to trans fats and were in use for thousands of years before diabetes and heart disease were invented. The consumption of dairy products has been shown to lower the risk of developing diabetes. Your dietician will probably recommend an intake of 500-625 calories a day in total by way of fats and oils, the lower figure being for a woman.

Since the above dietary change was first published on the Diabetes UK forums a number of people have tried it and most have reported improvements in several aspects of their condition. Some people have reported being cured of type II diabetes but much of this information has gone missing as a result of my thread entries being deleted by an unknown agent. Some people seem to cure quite rapidly, within months, while others take longer. Many people experience rapid weight loss despite no changes to their calorie intake and the diminution of post prandial tingles. Falling cholesterol and blood pressure is very common to the point that I would suggest that anyone with CV disease (which is also caused by trans fats) only take half the above quantities for the first three months and regularly measure their blood pressure to make sure it doesn’t fall too low too quickly. Medication levels may need to be revised downwards in consultation with your GP.

Well that is all there is to it? Remarkable isn't it?

I'm sure all readers are asking themselves the very obvious question: “If it’s that easy to cure diabetes surely my diabetic care team would have told me?” This is a very good question and one you should address to them when you begin to get well.

Why should you believe me? This is a good question and the answer is that you should not believe anyone but proceed by reason alone.

In future postings I am going to let you prove to yourself that you have been deceived about the nature of your illness by the medical professions which along with the food and drugs industries have been making huge profits out of a genocide far bigger than the holocaust of the second world war! That you are an intended victim of this genocide will soon become clear.

These views are extreme indeed and while I am not the only one to subscribe to these views you may well regard me as a nut case. After all it must be difficult to believe your diabetic care team are actually engaged in the business of trying to kill you! So I call upon all right thinking sufferers of type II diabetes to try and prove me wrong. To change their diet in line with the above medically acceptable program and report back on a monthly basis to this site their progress, if any.

<u>The Diabetic Models</u>

Orthodox medicine presents you with a simple model of diabetes within which context your treatment regime makes a good deal of sense. On this website type 2 diabetes is described as:

“Type 2 diabetes occurs when the pancreas does not produce enough insulin to meet the bodies needs or the insulin is not metabolised effectively.”

The NICE website has a similar description in one of its guides:

“...develops when the body can make some insulin, but not enough for its needs, or when the insulin that is produced does not work properly (known as insulin resistance)....”

There are three things to notice about these two descriptions of type II diabetes apart from the contradictory statements involving insulin. The first is that they describe two entirely different medical conditions as a reduced capacity to produce insulin is an entirely different condition from a modification of insulin's behaviour. The second thing to notice is that neither of these descriptions gives a cause for type II diabetes. The third thing to notice is that both these alternatives as I first stated justify the prescription of insulin or insulin generating medication. It makes sense within these models to increase your insulin levels to make up for the deficiencies in your insulin, but as no cause for type II diabetes is given the treatment is simply a treatment of symptoms and not of cause.

The Trans Isomer Fat Poisoning Model

This model states that every living cell in your body has been corrupted by the incorporation of unnatural fats into the body cells make up. The result of this corruption by toxic fatty acids is that glucose has difficulty in crossing through all cell membranes and in consequence blood sugar rises, unable to penetrate the cell walls. I will discuss this in more depth in a future posting.

Note that as opposed to the orthodox model we only have one description of type II diabetes, not two. This model gives a cause for type 2 diabetes unlike the first model but it does not justify the treatment of type 2 diabetes by the use of insulin. Insulin will not in any way affect the cause of type II diabetes.

So I have given you two possible models of type II diabetes, but can you by use of reason alone decide between the two? In my first posting I said that you should not believe anybody on this subject and with good reason. Most information posted on the Internet and in doctor's surgeries is posted by vested interests and the deluded so you must always proceed with caution.

The key to deciding if one of these models is wrong is by reference to the first type of diabetes, type 1, in which all (or virtually all) insulin generating capacity is lost due to the destruction of insulin generating cells in the pancreas. Ask you self the question whether or not it would be possible to have both forms of diabetes at the same time.

1) With reference to the orthodox model would it be possible to simultaneously have a partially reduced insulin generating capacity and no insulin generating capacity whatsoever?
2) With reference to the orthodox model would it be possible to simultaneously have a modification of your insulin's behaviour and no insulin generating capacity whatsoever?
3) With reference to the trans isomer fat poisoning model would it be possible to have cell walls that do not pass glucose easily and no insulin generating capacity whatsoever?

After you have answered these questions you might then ask yourself the question: What might the condition of have having both forms of diabetes at the same time be called? I'm going to give you a strong clue here: “Double Diabetes”.

Please put the expression “Double Diabetes” into your favourite search engine and stand well back. After a good poke around, taking care not to be deceived by any misinformation you may find ask yourself the further question: “Do I believe in the orthodox medical model of diabetes?”

If the answer to this question is “No” you might find further useful additional information in my future postings. If the answer is “Yes” please let natural selection take its course and go off and die at the hands of your diabetic care team.

<u>The Blood Glucose Abstraction Diagram</u>

This is something that you are going to have to draw for yourself. It is a useful exercise in furthering your understanding of type 2 diabetes.

I drew this diagram after returning from my last visit to a diabetic consultant. After this visit I had once again had my simple questions waved aside. Once again I was referred to deceitful literature which had done nothing for my understanding and served only to confuse me further. At that time I knew I had been lied to by one of the diabetic nurses. She had told me I would eventually be prescribed insulin to “which I was not immune”. I had quizzed her most carefully on this and she was quite adamant that this was the case: a kind of insulin existed to which I was not immune. “Excellent”, I thought. After years of suffering ever rising blood sugar levels as my condition worsened and all those unpleasant side effects I was finally going to be given a treatment which would keep my blood sugar down to normal levels and I would be able to recommence my life. For three years after this point in time I was denied this wonder treatment to my increasing disappointment. My blood sugar worsened further, I became increasingly depressed and unable to work with my mind. I was suffering symptoms of advanced cardiovascular disease: high blood pressure, thousands of ectopic heartbeats a day and crescendo angina. I think I was not far from death and death seemed like the best option. I wanted to die.

How many people who contribute to this site have had a similar experience? Ever rising blood sugar levels no matter how little you eat, how many pills or how much insulin you take? Why is it that you cannot stabilise your blood sugar? How come insulin treatment doesn't work?

Draw the following diagram:

Draw one large circle on a sheet of paper and write inside it: Blood glucose.
Around the outside of this circle draw three further “destination” circles and label them:
1) Body Cells 2) Fat Cells 3) Bladder.
2) Join the Body Cell circle to the Blood Glucose circle with an outward pointing arrow.
3) Join the Bladder circle to the Blood Glucose circle with an outward pointing arrow.
4) Join the Fat Cells circle to the Blood Glucose circle with two arrows, one pointing inwards and one pointing outwards.

The three destination circles represent the three ultimate destination possibilities of blood glucose. The pathways (arrows) to them should be labeled “metabolism”, “anabolism” and “excretion” respectively.

So how do we use this diagram to explain type II diabetes?

Well the excretion pathway is a pathway which evolution has tried to limit. There would not be much point in eating if all the resulting blood sugar were to be excreted so it is very much a small part of the picture although in type II diabetes elevated blood sugar increases glucose flow down this pathway and you lose more glucose this way. It is not a major part of the explanation although it is worth noting that when insulin treatment begins this pathway is curtailed, at least at first.

The metabolism pathway is the pathway which most blood glucose should ideally take. The metabolism pathway results in the consumption of glucose which is used to fuel most body processes from your beating heart to your cell repair and maintenance. The list is endless so look it up if you want to.

The anabolism pathway lies parallel to the reverse anabolism pathway (mark the other arrow thus if you want to). Insulin is an anabolic steroid, its job is to take blood glucose and turn it (eventually) into fat, more insulin makes the anabolic pathway operate more strongly. Insulin makes you fat. In a healthy human animal over time these two pathways are equal averaged over time with as much blood glucose being turned into fat as fat is being turned into blood glucose. The healthy individual does not put on or lose significant amounts of weight because of this equality.

So in terms of the blood glucose abstraction diagram it would seem that insulin is being prescribed to turn your blood glucose into fat. This would seem to be the result the doctors are looking for and indeed in terms of the orthodox model of the last posting it is. Remember that in the orthodox model you're insulin is either present in limited quantities or not working properly. So they give you more to get your blood sugar down. So if the orthodox model was correct type II diabetes would simply be a mild form of type 1 diabetes. Additional insulin in your system would be used to prevent high blood sugar and you would not gain weight. The doctors would be making up for a deficiency in insulin.

When you are first diagnosed and have been prescribed pills the orthodox model makes some kind of sense as your blood sugar will be held down to more or less normal levels and you may be a little overweight (but maybe you have been eating too much). Some people may even lose weight as excess blood sugar causes excess excretion of glucose. But as time progresses your blood glucose begins an inexorable rise and your prescription will be increased to combat this rise. Typically you will put on weight and very often begin to eat less and less to combat your rising weight. After years of this treatment the promise of insulin is held out to you. Soon you will be put on “insulin to which you are not immune”. You look forward to this time as obviously with working insulin you will be just like a type 1 diabetic with low blood sugar and with the distinct possibility of losing weight.

But what happens is not as you suppose. Maybe your blood sugar is held down for a while but if anything your weight increases further. Then your blood sugar begins to rise even further, you increase the dose of insulin and this works for a while but then your blood sugar begins to rise again! You become desperate with the advanced symptoms of diabetes beginning to wreck your life. Perhaps you have extreme hypertension, a malfunctioning heart, extensive nerve damage, mental depression, tiredness. You may well be on an extreme diet just to fight the disease as far as you can. If you are still working your performance is suffering badly. Your feet are numb and your circulation is reduced in the extremities. The end of your life is approaching. How will you die?

How many people have reported these kinds of symptoms on this site and their failed attempts to lose weight? The weight issue is important. If like me you have been putting on weight and yet eating much less than the dietician recommends it is worth looking again at your blood glucose abstraction diagram. You see the dietician will almost certainly recommend you eat a normal diet of 2000 calories a day for a woman and 2500 calories a day for a man. You may well be eating half this or even a quarter of this and still not lose weight. The diagram makes it all clear, despite the increased excretion you will be suffering from increased blood glucose levels, despite the extreme diet you are on things are only getting worse. The doctors are treating you for a deficiency of the anabolic pathway and they are converting as much blood sugar as they can to fat!

You should have realised by now. You are not suffering from an inability to anabolise at all! You are suffering from an inability to metabolise! After all only the excretion and metabolism pathways can reduce your blood glucose without you putting on weight!

Type II diabetes is a metabolic disorder not an anabolic disorder! Engrave this on what is left of your heart. To treat type II diabetes it is necessary to increase the metabolism not the anabolism. The orthodox treatment is based upon an orthodox model of type II diabetes. You have already demonstrated that the orthodox model is false. You now know that your treatment, based on a false model of diabetes, is false medicine. It is a treatment which will lead to your death.

Next time you visit your GP you might ask him or her if type II diabetes is a metabolic or anabolic disorder. Some hospital departments which dole out the false treatment for diabetes are actually called metabolic disorder or disease clinics or departments. It’s not as if they are acting in ignorance. I recently visited a GP who confirmed, like the scientific literature confirms, that type II diabetes is a metabolic disorder. He said he couldn’t understand why they treated it as though it was an anabolic disorder like type I diabetes but thought that the insulin resistance lowering drugs were a better approach.

The orthodox model describes type II diabetes as though it was an anabolic disorder, a difficulty in converting blood sugar into body mass. As a newly diagnosed victim of diabetes this may indeed seem reasonable but as time goes by and your weight increases the explanation that you are unable to convert blood sugar to body mass wears a bit thin as you get heavier and heavier. The implication is that you are eating too much and for a time you may believe it especially if you eat normally. It seems that diabetes is your fault, they even tell you these days that obesity cause diabetes. It does not. Diabetes and obesity are independently correlated. They are caused by the same thing. Trans isomer fatty acids.

The treatment regime I suggested on the first posting lies within the permissible dietary scope of the orthodox model but it differs in that it is treating the metabolic deficiency. The only reason I suggest you use linseed, hemp and fish oils is that they are reliably available alternatives to the trans-fat based oils which dominate the entire western food supply chain and supply large amounts of the essential fatty acids which have been displaced from the western diet by the synthetic trans isomer fatty acids produced during the partial hydrogenation of vegetable oil. I hope to expand on the fat chemistry and the biochemical mechanics of obesity and diabetes in a later posting.

<u>Obesity and the Diabetic Treatment Trap</u>

There are several causes of obesity in type 2 diabetes and the first two are trans-fat based. The first cause of obesity is a mitochondrial disorder. Mitochondria are sub cellular organelles, microscopic parts of the body cells responsible for metabolism. They produce something called ATP – adenosine trio phosphate which is the universal energy currency in body cells. The ATP production is impaired by trans fat poisoning leading to a reduced metabolism and all else being equal increased body mass for a given calorific intake. The second cause of obesity is the corruption of the body cells walls due to trans fat poisoning. This corruption is due to the fact that trans fats found in the toxic oils which pervade our current food sources do not occur in biological nature. Their structure is different to naturally occurring cis-isomer fats and when incorporated into your body cells the cells’ function is impaired. The cells’ insulin receptors, tiny holes in the cell walls, are less able to allow glucose into the cell and your metabolism is therefore reduced further. Blood sugar rises and with a reduced metabolism you inevitably you will put on weight. With more fat in your body there is more fat in your blood stream. This is known to make glucose uptake by the body cells even worse. As your blood sugar rises you become infected by candida fungal spores. This fungus turns your body into a lean burn machine reducing your metabolism further still. Now a diabetes sufferer you are in the care of your GP.

In the good old days of diabetes diagnosis the test for diabetes used to be to consume some glucose (a Mars bar say) and measure your blood sugar in half an hour or so. If it was over 5.5mmol/l or so you were diabetic and put on a diet. When I was diagnosed ten years ago the test had been changed because of some WHO recommendation. My doctor put me on an overnight fast and measured my blood sugar twelve hours later! Naturally my blood sugar had dropped overnight and I was declared free of diabetes! Why the test for diabetes has been changed in this manner I can only speculate. It is absolutely certain that early cases of diabetes are being missed because of this change and by the time you are diagnosed you are much further along the diabetes path than you would be under the old test. Many people are now going straight onto medication post diagnosis because of this change and they will often be infected with candida by the time of diagnosis. It is almost as if they are trying to make you sicker!

Post diagnosis your will amongst other things be referred to a dietician. The dietician will advise you to eat a normal diet for a man and woman. This will make you gain weight. As your metabolism is already significantly reduced you will not be able to metabolise such large amounts of food and while obesity does not cause diabetes it does make it worse as described above. Your metabolism will slow further as your weight increases.

Medication as we have already discussed makes the diabetic condition worse by forcing the anabolic pathway. As soon as you are put onto insulin or insulin generating medication blood sugar is diverted into body mass, your blood sugar falls and there is less possibility of glucose getting into your body cells for the purposes of metabolism as there is less of it a round. In fact your body wants the blood glucose levels to be high so it can increase its metabolism. The medication slows your metabolism further and you will gain weight and get sicker.

One of the most emphatic pieces of advice I got from my GP was to avoid animal fat as being diabetic I was more prone to cardiovascular disease. Naturally I went away and binned all the animal fats and went to the supermarket and bought vegetable oils. While unlabelled most readily available oils (except olive oil) are partially hydrogenated oils. The process of hydrogenation which first went commercial in 1911 is the process by which the natural cis fats your body needs are destroyed and replaced by toxic trans fats. My GP had in effect advised me to poison myself further! It is interesting to note that while people ate animal fat and smoked tobacco in the nineteenth century and earlier cardiovascular disease was quite rare. In fact most cardiovascular disease today is caused by trans fats as is all diabetes. Further I was given diabetes advice leaflets which encouraged me to consume these partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, oils like rapeseed, sunflower and corn oil. It seems they contain polyunsaturates which are good for you! What they didn’t say is that these polyunsaturates are trans-isomer form polyunsaturates, the very thing that causes diabetes. The advice was not good for me it was good for the pockets of the drugs companies and doctors who were intent on making me sicker.

How many of the contributors to this site have had similar experiences? The whole process of diagnosing, treating and advice given about diabetes to a patient in the UK makes diabetes worse. No attempt is made to treat the condition, only the symptoms. While the British Government is finally going to the food industry and asking them to reduce trans fats in their products the same advice about trans fats is not being given out in the doctor's surgeries! If you have heart disease or diabetes you are encouraged to switch to trans fats!

The diabetes industry is worth a vast fortune. How much money are you making for them?

<u>The Bayer plc contribution to diabetes and heart disease.</u>

Most of you treated for diabetes and heart disease will at some point be given advice about the kind of fats and oils to eat. It is quite likely that many of you have been given the leaflets produced by Bayer plc. I am going to briefly explain to you what is wrong with the advice given in one of these leaflets which on the front cover has the words:

Ascencia healthcare facts

Diabetes and Heart Disease.

After we Ana lyse what they are advising I hope you will come to the same conclusion as me: This doc ument is one of the most despicable doc uments in the history of crimes against humanity.

Turning to the centre pages we find the following advice:

What are the differences between different kinds of fat?
Not all fats are created equal. In fact, some fats are better for you than others. The following list describes the different kinds of fat in food from good to bad.

Polyunsaturated fats – found in vegetable or plant oils (sunflower, safflower, corn, soybean, sesame and cottonseed) as well as in fish. These are liquid at room temperature.

<i>Ana lysis: This is entirely true, but telling the truth is often the best way to lie. With the exception of fish oils all these oils are generally sold in a partially hydrogenated form. I have only once in the last year found a few bottles of the cold pressed non hydrogenated variety in all my shopping for oils. It is the partially hydrogenated form of these oils that cause both diabetes and heart disease and in the absence of this rather important piece of information I bet most people will go out and buy them in preference to other forms of oil. Most people believe that polyunsaturated oils are good for you but do not realise that polyunsaturated can be either of cis-isomer form or trans isomer form. The overwhelming majority of these oils available to you contain large amounts of the trans isomer form produced by destroying the majority of the natural cis-form of these oils. These oils are utterly deadly in practice and your consumption of these oils will make your diabetes and heart disease worse. It will of course make lots of money for Bayer who will then be able to sell you lots of drugs and other medical aids in the years before they kill you.</i>

Monounsaturated Fats – found in vegetables and plants (olive and peanut). These are also liquid at room temperature. They tend to lower LDL a little.

<i>Ana lysis: Also true but notice how they have relegated the more expensive olive oil to second place in their order of merit? Why buy the more expensive olive oil when you can buy the supposedly healthier ones of the first list? Olive oil is not hydrogenated and provides some protection against diabetes and heart disease although it tends to be low in the cis-forms poly-unsaturates you need to reverse diabetes.</i>

Dietary Cholesterol - found in foods of animal origin. Dietary fats raise cholesterol when eaten in large amounts, but not as much as saturated fats.

<i>Ana lysis: I have spoken to biochemists and other researchers who think the whole business about good and bad cholesterol (HDL and LDL) is bunkum. Its not particularly relevant and seems to be just another device to turn you towards the deadly oils they put in first place.</i>

Saturated Fats – found in foods of animal origin (meat, dairy products), and tropical oils (palm, coconut and cocoa butter) and hydrogenated vegetable oil. These are solid at room temperature. Saturated fats raise cholesterol and should make up no more than 10% of your calories.

<i>Ana lysis: There is a lot of misleading information here. Tropical oils and vegetable oils are not solid at room temperature and neither are all animal fats and oils. Fourth in the list I bet your doctor told you to minimise animal fats and concentrate on the deadly oils in the first list. Palm oil and coconut oil are good oils when not hydrogenated and while all oils have some saturated content (Olive oil is 14% saturated, Sunflower oil is 10% saturated for example) tropical oils (palm coconut) tend to have a longer shelf life and are less likely to be hydrogenated because of this. Both oils however can be hydrogenated and frequently are. </i>

<i>Why the inclusion of hydrogenated vegetable oil here? Well its part of their legal get out: they suggested hydrogenated vegetable oil was not good for you, didn’t they? They just forgot to mention that the first list oils are all commonly hydrogenated.

One other thing about saturated fats they forget to mention: They don’t cause diabetes!</i>

Trans fats or Hydrogenated fats – poly- or mono- unsaturated fats that are changed to act like saturated fats (margarine, shortening). They are used in baked goods (biscuits, pie, pastry) and fast foods. These have been made solid at room temperature. They raise cholesterol.

<i>Ana lysis: Trans fats are by definition unsaturated double carbon to carbon bond containing fats and by definition not saturated fats and do not act like them either. You could end up with the impression that you should just avoid saturated fats with this piece of misinformation. Perhaps that is the intention? The other words give the impression that trans-fats are concentrated in the bakery department. They omit to mention that almost half of all supermarket products contain trans-fats and for me the one source of trans fats I don’t worry about too much is this department, at least as far as bread is concerned where content is low. The big omission of course is that their recommended first list represents the most concentrated source of trans fats available!</i>

<i>And what’s that about “They have been made solid at room temperature”. Note the use of the words “have been” rather that the word: “are”. Hydrogenation can be continued to produce solid vegetable fats. Yes this has been done but at a casual read you could easily be mislead into believing that so long as it was liquid it was Trans Fat free. Have you been deliberately misled? </i>

Diabetes is a crime against humanity perpetrated by vested interests. Were you deceived by material such as this?

You will only rid yourself of diabetes when you throw away oils recommended by Bayer plc or products containing them (unless, rarely, your oils are cold pressed) and revert to a diet of natural cis-isomer and EFA containing oils.

<i>What does Science say?</i>

The number of peer reviewed scientific papers dealing with trans fatty acids and diabetes runs into three figures. I append a brief reference list of some of the most accessible titles and hope to restore links at a later date. Why in view of the science does your diabetic care team try to persuade you to eat trans fats and avoid EFAs!

Title: Is insulin resistance influenced by dietary linoleic acid and trans fatty acids?
Free Radic Biology Medicine, 1994 Oct.
author: Simopoulous, AP, Dr. PHD
Center for Genetics, Nutrition and Health, Washington DC.
conclusion of study: linoleic acid is positively related to insulin resistance,linoleic acid is mainly associated with a western trans fatty acid diet.

Title:Dietary fat, genes and human health
Adv Exp Medical Biology 1997
authors: Jump DB, Clarke SD, Thelen A, Liimatta M, Ren B, Badin MV
Department of Physiology, Michigan Satte University, Eash Lansing, MI
conclusion of study: dietary fat, trans fatty acids directly have an effect on insulin resistance, especially long chain trans fatty acids.

Title: Diet-induced insulin resistance precedes other aspects of the metabolic syndrome
Journal of Applied Physiology April 1998
authors: Barnard RJ, Roberts CK, Varon SM, Berger JJ
Department of Physiology Science, Univeristy of California, Los Angeles
conclusion of study: results demonstrate that insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia occur before the other manifestations of the metabolic syndrome and that diet, not obesity is the underlying cause, early warning signs of hyperinsulienmia are high cholesterol, low HDL, high triglyerides, insulin stimulated glucose transport was significantly reduced with a diet high in of trans fatty acids.

Title: Skeletal muscle membrane lipid composition is related to adiposity and insulin action
Journal Clinical Investigation Biomedicine Dec. 96
authors: Pan DA, Lillioja S, Milner MR, Kriketos AD,
Bauer LA, Bogardus C, Storlien LH
Department of Endocrinology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Syndey Australia
conclusion of study: results demonstrate that delta5 desaturase activity, (polyunsaturated trans fatty acids) is independently related to both insulin resistance and obesity.

Title: Current recommendations concerning rational use of fat.
Value of poluunsaturated fatty acids from the Omega 6 and Omega 3 groups
author: Okolska G, Ziemlanski S
Rocz Panstw Kalk Hig, Poland Medical University
conclusion of study: Long chain omega3 acids exert a beneficial effect on plasma lipid levels whereas trans fatty acids exert a negative influence, it is important in making the population aware of the importance of the introduction and modifications of the processed food introduced by the food industry.

Title: Dietary lipids influence insulin action
American New York Academy of Science, June 1993
authors: Clandinin MT, Cheema S, Field CJ, Baracos VR
Nutrition and Metabolism Research Group, University of Edmonton Canada
conclusion of study: High levels of dietary omega3 fatty acids reduced PGE2 and PGF2 alpha synthesis in extensor digitorum longus and epitrochlearis muscles. Insulin increased glucose and amino acid transport, glucose transport (effectiveness) by insulin was significantly greater after consumption of a high omega 3 essential fatty acids diet.

JHM repost with some re-write 05/01/2008

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Thank you for reposting,Carefix.I intend to copy and save each part as you write it so that it will be available should it go "missing"again!

carefix

Sue,

Thank you for your help in the hope that as many readers as possible will be cured or improved to whatever degree.

John

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sugarless sue</i>
<br />Thank you for reposting,Carefix.I intend to copy and save each part as you write it so that it will be available should it go "missing"again!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Grumpy folks and taking tablets
Hi John

Glad that you are feeling better and back online. Look forward to reading your contributions.

Val

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I actually saved the entire narrative of the Diabetes Cure thread from the old forum, from the link that Dennis kindly provided. I have it all saved in a notepad file and will send to anyone on request, just email me and I can email. I think this is data that should be in the public domain. Admin, :)

carefix

Val,

Thanks for that. I'm a little busy but more concerned that all those results posts have gone missing so there is no current evidence of the success that was being achieved. So please repost people - don't let them get away with it!

John

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bluebird</i>
<br />Hi John

Glad that you are feeling better and back online. Look forward to reading your contributions.

Val

carefix

I've reposted the most important material slightly modified as one piece as the first post in this thread and will make seperate posts from now on. As noted above it would be very useful if those who have been trialing the treatment reported their results again. One thing I am very concerned about is the future possibility that vested interests might employ rougue posters to claim they trialled the diet and it didn't work. This was a major reason I wanted people to report back originally. The other is that with lots of data it might be possible to explain why some people have been cured in all respects while others have seen improvements but have not yet been cured.

While type II diabetes is a metabolic disorder we do seem to have some cases in which metabolism has been improved or cured with massive weight loss in some cases and slight weight loss in others along perhaps with other improvements in cardio vascular state, cholesterol and blood pressure but with bg readings remaining high.

I am myself one such case. My metabolism is normal or near normal. I lost six stones despite quadruppling my calorie intake, my CV symptoms went, my blood pressure normalised but I still exhibit blood glucose 2-3 times normal, improved from the 3-4 times normal when I was taking maximum insulin generators. I now take no medication however so in view of my increased food intake I seem to be very much improved.

With what little feedback I have had from other people trying the EFA diet I suspect there is another factor. One could be a reduced beta cell count which could result from the treatment doled out by the quacks. Artificially lowered bg means the beta cells can't sense bg much, assume they are surplus to requirements and die off. I saw this explanation on a TV program on type II about twenty five years ago. I remain to be convinced however and it could still be the case that I have further to go with the EFA diet. My weight loss has still not restored me to normal weight. I am about a stone to twenty pounds over my normal weight and it persists in the upper abdomen. Excess fat in this area is typical of trans fat poisoning. My recent visit to a GP I noted in the threads first post was informative. He suggested that from where I am now it should be possible to be cured! Yes, a GP dares to think the "cure" word! He told me about recent work on brown fat and diabetes and suggested that if I could lose this upper abdominal fat my blood sugar would normalise.

I have removed the false information on Brown Fat (22/02/2008) but still suspect that eliminating upper abdominal normal fat will help.

Over winter I have tried successfully to put on weight without medication to see if my body is producing enough insulin. My result seems to imply that while I now have a normalish metabolism I still have a problem with the blood glucose regulation. This bg regulation has cured in some people at the same time as the metabolic dysfunction via the EFA diet. I have seen some further improvements in bg regulation over the past few months so it may just be a question of time, but from my later posts you will see this is under investigation wrt the literature. What seems to be happening is that the set point of the blood glucose regulation mechanism has moved higher.

John

John

rogervansteeden

if it was proven that trans fat causes type 2 diabetes wouldnt everyone have it,Why havent you approached some top scientists with your evidence e.g American Diabetes Association if your theory could be proved it would save the NHS millions,also the government would if proven ban all trans fatty acids.You might think im a sceptic but it could revolutionise the way treatment is administered a vaccine could be produced to erradicate type 2 diabetes completely,so why dont you approach diabetes research as you have nothing to lose.

carefix

Roger,

If you read my first post you will see towards the end about six research papers dealing with trans fats and type 2 diabetes and essential fatty acids, the number of papers on this subject runs into three figures. It is known that trans fats cause diabetes, its all there in the research done by the top scientists. The doctors however put people on a trans fat based diet. It makes lots of money for them and the drugs companies. There is no interest in a cure only in making the disease worse. Prior to the unexplained removal of this thread a number of people were trying the EFA treatment and most were reporting some improvements and some were cured. It has been proven but the government is in the hands of vested interests. Trans fats kill between 300,000 and 400,000 people a year in this country as they cause obesity, heart disease and Alzheimers and many other conditions. There is nothing but cynicism in the system. The removal of trans fats from the uk diet would probably halve spending on the NHS (and doctors incomes would suffer too). That is why it is still not happening here.

In the Netherlands they banned trans fats a few years because of the health damage they cause. Heart disease dropped 20% after a couple of years and they are probably still on low EFA diet as the food industry switches over to tropical oils which are low in them.

In Netherlands it is a criminal offence to put trans fats into food punishable by imprisonment. In this country the doctors urge victims of trans fat based diseases to consume trans fat based oils when they are diagnosed with diabetes or heart disease and actually discourage essential fatty acid consumption!

The research has been done. Nothing I can do will stop the genocide. I can only let people here know what is happening. That trans fats cause diabetes has been on a couple of programs on radio 4 over the last year. Still the quacks urge you to consume them.

regards

John

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rogervansteeden</i>
<br />if it was proven that trans fat causes type 2 diabetes wouldnt everyone have it,Why havent you approached some top scientists with your evidence e.g American Diabetes Association if your theory could be proved it would save the NHS millions,also the government would if proven ban all trans fatty acids.You might think im a sceptic but it could revolutionise the way treatment is administered a vaccine could be produced to erradicate type 2 diabetes completely,so why dont you approach diabetes research as you have nothing to lose.

carefix

Roger,

There are at least two reasons why not everybody has type 2 diabetes.

1) There are genetic factors involved.
2) The consumption of animal fats is likely to prevent type 2 diabetes and dairy fats in particular reduce the chances of developing the disease, this has been demonstrated by research. This is because these fats contain low levels of essential fatty acids. The body will use EFAs in preference to trans fats if they are available in sufficient quantity and build normal cell membranes thus preventing diabetes developing. Karen was cured of diabetes by an EFA diet even though she still ate trans fats at the time.

I read some horror statistic a few months ago. It seems that one in three schoolchildren in the UK is developing the disease. The reason is the near complete elimination of EFAs from the western diet and their replacement by trans fats. Some cultural and racial groups are especially prone. For example 60% of USA native races including Alaskan Eskimos have type 2 diabetes now.

No one had this disease prior to 1933. This is definitive as the first case was discovered in that year. Diabetes is a terminal illness with a number of obvious diagnostic symptoms. Bunting and Best got the Nobel prize in 1922 for their treatment of type 1 diabetes with animal insulin. This means that blood sugar testing must have been available prior to that date and yet no cases showed. The disease increased in incidence a thousand fold between 1935 and 1949 so if you extrapolate a graphical line back in time this also gives a very strong indication of its historical absence.

Trans fats (i.e. partial hydrogenation of vegetable oil) went commercial in 1911. Diabetes exists in countries that consumme these synthetic oils which do not exist in biological nature. It is absent from countries where the western diet (trans fats) are not consumed, e.g. much of Africa. Tie this epidemiology to the peer reviewed scientific literature as discussed and the conclusion is inescapable.

John

Reactions: 2 people

rogervansteeden

Ok John i,ll accept that these trans fats are in part the cause of diabetes ( type 11) but my mother got her type 1 diabetes when she was in her 60s my sister got hers (Type 11 Gestational)in the last 10 years they are both insulin dependant.I am Type 11 diabetic and have come off all my medication because of the side affects,but i dont care about the consequenses of my actions as im also suffering from depression and know im gonna die one day so why put off the inevitable after all what an awful world in which we live.

carefix

Roger,

Hey! You did the same as me! I stopped all medication is a similarly advanced state of depression and I didn't want to live any more. You really should consider the EFA treatment Roger. Amongst the very first improvements you should find are a lifting of the depression. I had death archytype dreams everynight before I started EFAs. Every night it was the same. I was in a dark garden and every night I walked a little closer to its fence beyond which lay the dark peace of death. The thought of crossing that fence filled me with both dread and desire but every night the dread got less and the desire got stronger and I very nearly crossed it.

Instead I went down to H&B and bought a bottle of cricket bat juice and started on EFAS. The depression and low mental activity fades away within weeks to a few months.

One of the reasons behind the increase in Incapacity Benefit claims for depresion is trans fats. Also we have 55,000 schoolchildren ritalined out of their heads because of ADHD caused by trans fats.

By a bottle or ten for your sister and have a party.

John

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rogervansteeden</i>
<br />Ok John i,ll accept that these trans fats are in part the cause of diabetes ( type 11) but my mother got her type 1 diabetes when she was in her 60s my sister got hers (Type 11 Gestational)in the last 10 years they are both insulin dependant.I am Type 11 diabetic and have come off all my medication because of the side affects,but i dont care about the consequenses of my actions as im also suffering from depression and know im gonna die one day so why put off the inevitable after all what an awful world in which we live.

carefix

Another dietary Advice Leaflet…...

The different types of fat:

<b>Saturated fat (Eat Less) </b> Butter, Lard, ghee, cream, fatty meats, full fat milk, cheese, ice cream, chocolate.

<b>Trans Fat (Eat Less) </b> Hardened vegetable oil, processed cakes and pastries and biscuits.

<b>Polyunsaturated fat (Eat Less)</b> Sunflower and corn oil and spreads.

<b>Omega-3 fat (Eat twice a week) </b> Mackerel, sardines, salmon, pilchards, trout and herring.

<b>Monounsaturated fat (Eat in small amounts)</b> Rapeseed, olive and groundnut oil and spreads.

This advice is somewhat different from the Bayer plc advice leaflet. Overall the advice seems to be saying eat less fat which as we know will reduce your EFA intake and be likely to make your diabetes worse. The saturated fat advice advises eating less animal fats including dairy fats. These do contain some EFAs and have been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes. Research to this effect was published on this site many months ago.
The trans fat advice is again treacherous as it like the Bayer plc advice misrepresents the occurrence of trans fats as though they were only to be found in the bakery section plus hardened vegetable oil. As we all know, trans fats are far more widespread than this and are found throughout your food store especially in polyunsaturated oils like sunflower, rapeseed and corn oil where they represent a considerable proportion of the product. Polyunsaturated fat according to the leaflet is now limited to sunflower and corn oil and spreads and you are advised to eat less. This leaflet was published in 2005 at the time when non hydrogenated polyunsaturated spreads were becoming more widespread and when some elements of the food supply chain were removing trans fats from their product lines and “polyunsaturates” no longer meant “trans fats” to quite the degree it used to. This leaflet shows the vested interests reaction to this change in the quality of oils available in the supermarkets, even cold pressed sunflower oil was becoming available so they better keep their victims away from that. Omega-3 fat as occurs in fish oil is being recommended in the low levels available in fish. Of course much tinned fish is laden with trans fats when it contains oils such as sunflower oil. While this advice is good it is good with a very small ‘g’ as it takes many gallons of EFAs to reverse your metabolic syndrome and the limited spectrum of EFAs in fish oils are difficult to convert to the broader spectrum required to improve diabetes in a trans fat poisoned body. This advice represents no risk to the profits of the vested interests. Monounsaturated fats are recommended although within the advice framework of a low fat diet, seem to be no more recommended than any other fat. Monounsaturated fats will not cure diabetes and two on the list are routinely partially hydrogenated: groundnut and rapeseed. Interesting that rapeseed oil is now described as a monounsaturated oil when Bayer had it pegged as a polyunsaturated oil. Either way I have only ever found it in partially hydrogenated form and it is a big killer because of this.

This leaflet is like the Bayer plc leaflet intended to kill. It misrepresents the occurrence of trans fats in a similar way to the Bayer leaflet and its ambiguity of advice seems to reflect the vested interests needs to keep people away from healthy oils in a changing food supply landscape.

Which despicable outfit produced this dietary advice leaflet?

Diabetes UK!

Maybe forum admin should have a word with the boss?

steveD

John,despite what others might say,I have read all your post's and have acted on them.Having had a scientific education at Uni I can understand a bit of the theory behind your reasoning.Keep up the excellent work.

carefix

Steve,

Thanks for your support. I am acting as a messenger and collator of information. I am doing a little processing as well from time to time and I'm about to post again on my preliminary thoughts on where to go from here with type 2 diabetes treatment. So far we have had some spectacular successes and some improvements but with a few people the results seem (and I mean "seem") to be modest. Because people are not reporting back the data I would like I am having to try and work out what is happening from limited information. Karen recently gave a hint that she will be posting something interesting and I suspect without wishing to steal her thunder it will be related to her diabetes group who I believe are trying the EFA treatment.

Well I started here so I might as well continue.

From what little I have seen we have a broad spectrum of results so far and it is still early days. We have had complete cures from advanced conditions of type II diabetes, we have had complete remissions from some of the symptoms such as neuropathy and reduced metabolisms and we have had some people not finding significant improvements - so far.

Anyway my suspicion is as follows. Many people who have diabetes are overweight but as diabetes is a progressive condition people who are just diagnosed are likely to have only a small reduction in their metabolism due to trans fatty acids affecting their mitochondrial membranes and insulin receptors. They have gained weight (and some even have normal weight) because they have been eating a normal diet or even slightly under but this is enough over the years to make them fatter. In the early stages they will be unlikely to have much nerve damage as well. These people will be unlikely to show large weight losses but should find any nerve damage or numbness improve and they should find an improvement in their mental state and abilities. I suspect Terry F is in this category and perhaps also Bob. I think Terry had some weight loss and a much improved feel good factor.

Some people like Bill and myself have enjoyed massive weight loss - but policeman Bill seems to have switched off since I suggested he might like to arrest a few doctors and pharmo-drug pushers so I don't know how he is now. My metabolism appears to be at or near normal, all my nerve damage has recovered completely as far as I can feel and I have had brilliant CV improvements.

Still my blood sugar persists at a high level (not as bad as before I started) as does the blood sugar of several other people who have tried the EFA treatment. While it is too early to conclude from their trials we do seem to have two categories of result. Those like Karen and Aly who have normal blood sugar now from advanced diabetic conditions and several others who reported falling blood sugar levels who's feedback has been lost from the original thread when it got deleted. The second category includes those who see some improvements, sometimes massive improvements in diabetes symptoms but find their blood sugar persists stubbornly high. While diabetes II is a metabolic disorder people will feel they should see improvements in blood sugar levels if they are being cured - if they are to be cured completely they should. In fact I believe that most if not all who try the EFA treatment are being cured of the metabolic syndrome (disorder or dysfunction as they prefer) and the EFA treatment should stop them getting any worse providing that they keep clear of trans fats. I am now going to speculate on why some people have difficulty keeping the blood sugar low.

I have removed the misinformation about the Brown Fat Sack. Exactly how I picked this up is worrying me but I hope will not have caused too much damage.

I have been looking at the literature and there is some interesting stuff out there on Brown Fat and Diabetes. I am hoping to find some research in this area which might give us the trans fat link.

Best of luck.

John

ChocFish

Roger, please, please, please go and see your doctor, maybe it is just a matter of changing your medication, not everyone gets on with Metformin and Gliclazide or whatever you have been taking, your BG is extremely high.

I have a good idea of what you are going through, I have been there, I was grossly obese, in denial about diabetes, I developed neurpathy, protein in my urine, decreased kidney function, fatty liver, gastroparesis, felt just tired all the time and really ill and still didnt take note. Then I just collapsed and I took note, at last, went to a clinic to help me with neuropathy, it was there where I was taught about really healthy eating as well as proper relaxation, exercising, and other benefical treatments incl bad and good fats.
Please read through my posts in the old forum, do a search, just type in 'Karen'. I have been so lucky, I am healthy and slim now, my life has changed so much for the better and you can be happier too you can get better, you cannot do it overnight, changes have to be made gradually but from day one you will feel better because you gain cofidence you will feel so proud of yourself because you know that now you are now longer sitting there doing nothing and just waiting to die, from now on you do it step by step, something new for you and you will make it work.

I am so pleased that you have started to come to this forum, you should be really proud of yourself, it cannot have been easy to register on this site and telling us about your current situation, so doing this was the first step to some self-help, meds have not worked so far, so try something else for now even if it means that you take medication, it is possible that once you cut out the bad fats, lost some weight, do some exercise, etc that you feel well and positive once more, maybe even not in need of medication at all or at least reduced meds.

I know we all have to die eventually, but it makes sense for us all to be as healthy and happy and live as long as possible, trouble is we sometimes have to work really hard to achieve these goals. But hey where is it written that life must be easy huh?

You have hope Roger, you can get out of this rut, you made the first step already, you registered here and I promise that there will always be support here, everyone in here really does care a real lot, so come in here often pull up a chair and stay for a while, tell us whatever you want, good and not so good, we will always listen and walk by your side, thqts the beauty of this forum.

So do take the time to read all the posts in this and the old forum, its worth it, take on board the advice, hints and tips, get as much info as is possible, and share with your Mum and sister too.

I am looking forward to your next post in here and remember we are all there for you, I am absolutely certain that everyone will agree with me there.

Love

Karen x

truthquest

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by administrator</i>
<br />I actually saved the entire narrative of the Diabetes Cure thread from the old forum, from the link that Dennis kindly provided. I have it all saved in a notepad file and will send to anyone on request, just email me and I can email. I think this is data that should be in the public domain. Admin, :)

I emailed you but it did not work. Could you send it to me?

thanks
truthquest

StephenFromScotland

Carefix
I have read what you have said and it all makes so much sense.
I really do live a healthy diet and always have done but I used to binge on chocolate before I got diagnosed and made me feel terrible afterwards (looking back).
I have been to hell and back too,I always knew something was wrong with me,it affected my work and my life and my family life.
Anyway,I have remained positive and will remain that way.

All in all,
I am going for it and going to try your plan and urge others to try it too, I am confident it will work.
My greatgrandfather was italian and lived a very mediteranean way of life,he swore by old remidies.
He maybe didn't have diabetes (that i know of) but he lived till 96 and died when i was 7 years old and it was great knowing him!
Anyway my point of that is that he avoided trans-fats, ate fish,olive oil and probably walked to the moon and back lol
oh! and had a small glass of red wine every night.

Anyway I will start with flax and the other stuff at the end of the week including cinnamon and keep you all posted there after:D

I know it's hard for everyone, today was torture at work as i have been ranging 14-22mmol for the past week after a bad back and the flu and the fatigue takes its toll,it's horrible but im now at 10mmol and it's coming down again thank god.
Keep positive!!!
Take care all
Stephen

chocoholic

OMG. This is all very new to me. I like to keep an open mind on all things and I shall read thoroughly all of this thread when I'm less tired but I've never heard about the possiblity of links between diabetes and trans fats before.
When I was wrongly put on a steroid inhaler for 10 months and then developed diabetes, I researched for days on the net until I did find one article from some medical paper that said it was possible that there could be a link between the use of steroid inhalers and the bringing on of diabetes. I printed a copy off and took it with me to my G.P. when I handed him back the inhaler (I was in fact diagnosed as severely anaemic and was NOT asthmatic.) I told the doctor of my findings which he totally denied but he was lost for words when I pushed my prepared copies across the desk to him.
I insisted there and then that he remove from my medical records that I was asthmatic as I feared the repercussions of that in several ways......travel insurance premiums for one. He sat there and deleted it as I watched and he now no longer practices at our surgery but the point is, I will question things when they affect the health of me or my family and years ago I would not. I felt all doctors were Gods and we should just nod in acceptance of all we are told.No more. I never question in a nasty way but there's no harm in being assertive in a pleasant way.
I shall weigh up everything that is written about this topic and consider carefully if it's something I wish to pursue and I'm thankful that I've just found a site where such discussion can take place openly.