oooppss just ate 6 cream eggs

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
Why did you have to say "and im a type1" it doesn't really change much, it's better if anything surely because you can just match your insulin to the amount... it's exactly the same as saying i just had 5 slices of bread, "and i'm a type 1"

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone who asks a question about diabetes without thinking what they're asking.
Aero desserts are only 12.8g and tasty. Quite enjoy them as a sneaky treat sometimes

That's because last time I checked, the Carb value of air was 0 ;-)

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
OMG, thanks for the memory, we had those where I lived, on a very rare occasion you could get a ( used to be Galaxy) the bar of choc, free as your money would come back out, had forgotten all about those machines, great on a Sunday when all the shops closed on Sundays, unlike today :)

Yeah happy days, there was also a GobStoppers and tobacco vending machine, the kids would buy the chewing gum after smoking a packet of 10 cigs so that the parents wouldn't smell it on their breaths. I use to love Beachnut chewing gum, shame you still can't get it.

Reactions: 3 people

Mimastones

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
YOLO! now quick inject 50000 units of novorapid!

I am joking obviously, you naughty naughty diabetic, moderation is key my friend. surely it's better to have one creme egg a day for six days than six in one!
I hope you enjoyed them and the following consequences weren't too horrible :)

What a bore it is to be diabetic at easter. . .and christmas . . . and halloween . . . and fridays . . . and just everyday.

Reactions: 6 people

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I also had a friend telling me off for putting a scant spoon of sugar onto my (huge bowl of) porridge. I don't think he understood the 100g of rolled oats contained around 20 times the amount of carbs as the sugar I was putting on top!!

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
I also had a friend telling me off for putting a scant spoon of sugar onto my (huge bowl of) porridge. I don't think he understood the 100g of rolled oats contained around 20 times the amount of carbs as the sugar I was putting on top!!
Hardly no one thinks like that, Most people i know think sugar not carbs drives me mental :D

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Toffee flavour sounds scrummy. It's a good thing Christmas is a while away, I now have about 8 months to forget this information

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Crikey Rosie, you can forget this kind of thread?? It will live with me in my nightmares! Why am I reading this? Oh heck.....:greedy:

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
half a dark chocolate bounty is only 8g carbs by the way.

you can't gt them as a multipack though, so I probabaly spend as many calories loading up the trolley as I do eating them.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh I wish you hadn't told me that. Anyone have a brain wiping device.

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a bag of sugar coated ring donuts when I was already high at around 12 blood glucose, i've had 6 creme eggs before, took no insulin until I felt the effects which were tiredness, heartburn and weak muscles then I took insulin.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
once in a while, wont harm you,i eat chocolate alot every week the tesco cheap milk chocolate cost £ 0.30p
I agree. I eat chocolate occasionally. Not 6 Cadbury Creme Eggs in a row though !

mpe

Yep, the same people will not bat an eyelid when I order a risotto for a starter, a pasta course, and have a huge serving of spuds with my main. But God help me if I order an almond slice with clotted cream. :-/

If you had all that you might want plenty of cream to try and knock the GI down :)
Wonder if it's the sugar or the fat (which the eatwell plate nonsensically links) which they'd be most concerned about.

The only part of that I'd personally consider eating would be the almond slice with cream (hopefully made with real butter).

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a bag of sugar coated ring donuts when I was already high at around 12 blood glucose, i've had 6 creme eggs before, took no insulin until I felt the effects which were tiredness, heartburn and weak muscles then I took insulin.
Can I ask why?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
So this is why I am lying awake now! I made chocolate pots for my girls and decided to eat one. I am normally very strict. Feel ill. Heart burn which I used to get quite often pre diagnosis. I will never be doing this again. My husband who is not diabetic (and who is sleeping like a baby) said he thought it was too much. Too rich. Generally I eat a square of choccie - dark once or twice a week. Had a sliver of cake at the weekend - second since diagnosis and didn't get a lot out of it so am guessing that LCHF must have changed my taste buds which pleases me.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't give a hoot about creme eggs in any quantity , I want Cadbury's mini sugar coated eggs, and would gladly eat a whole pack of those at a singe sitting...

Wow! I thought I was being daring today when I ate half an apple lol (first apple of the year). The OP has kinda stolen my thunder.

Seriously, wouldn't swap my wee half apple for a creme egg!

Ha - I'm one up on you then - I had half an apple plus 8 raspberries at one sitting today .... and for some odd reason my glucose level went down after my excesses!:wideyed: Isn't it funny though what we end up thinking of as special treats when forced to change our evil ways! I really miss having unlimited access to all sorts of fruit much more than I miss eating all the really sugary stuff like sweets and cakes, etc.

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I don't give a hoot about creme eggs in any quantity , I want Cadbury's mini sugar coated eggs, and would gladly eat a whole pack of those at a singe sitting...

Ha - I'm one up on you then - I had half an apple plus 8 raspberries at one sitting today .... and for some odd reason my glucose level went down after my excesses!:wideyed: Isn't it funny though what we end up thinking of as special treats when forced to change our evil ways! I really miss having unlimited access to all sorts of fruit much more than I miss eating all the really sugary stuff like sweets and cakes, etc.

Robbity
Whatcha doing up? I still have heartburn. Shan't be eating choccie pot again. Nuts are my treat now. And the occasional square of choccie. Really want to sleep. Serves me right. Can't believe I'm paying price for something I ate nearly 4 hours ago.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Whatcha doing up? I still have heartburn. Shan't be eating choccie pot again. Nuts are my treat now. And the occasional square of choccie. Really want to sleep. Serves me right. Can't believe I'm paying price for something I ate nearly 4 hours ago.
Mean 8 - doh!

ShellyC23

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hardly no one thinks like that, Most people i know think sugar not carbs drives me mental :D

Slightly off topic but if I add oats to my muffin mix instead of half the almond then they taste better but still have no effect on my post 2hr BG test as long as I use Stevia instead of sugar of course.

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If you had all that you might want plenty of cream to try and knock the GI down :)
Wonder if it's the sugar or the fat (which the eatwell plate nonsensically links) which they'd be most concerned about.

The only part of that I'd personally consider eating would be the almond slice with cream (hopefully made with real butter).

I practically used up a whole pen of Humalog on that feast! Had to stop and inject 3 times. Was sitting at a comfortable 7.1 when I got home :)