Low carb breakfasts

abelina1

Hi, does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for easy low carb breakfasts. I don't have much time in the mornings to make a big breakfast. So quick and easy and low carbs ideal..thanks

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Omelette works really well for me. If you want a more extravagant one, get up 10 minutes earlier and you should have time. Eggs are all that's required, but I add ham, cheddar and bell pepper.
You can also make low carb things in advance which will last for days. Try the flax seed loaf found at http://www.lowcarbdiabetic.co.uk/Recipes.htm
Butter a couple of slices, put a bit of ham and lettuce in the middle and bob's your uncle! (I actually have an uncle bob, individual circumstances may vary. Feel free to substitute with a favourite relative of choice).

Reactions: 2 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
From the LCHF movement in Scandinavia I can only bring the comment, why not have left overs from yesterdays dinner (prepare and save some extra), do breakfast need to be a different kind of meal.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That flax seed loaf is brilliant. Easy to make. Slices thinly. Slices keep well in freezer, take them out as and when. The loaf lasts a week. It's high fat but low carb. Very nice too is Greek yoghurt and 5 frozen blueberries with maybe half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Breakfast sorted.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tin of mackerel and microwave scrambled eggs.

Kallyloo

I found a recipe in another thread and it turned out really well, http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/breads/r/lowcarbmuffins.htm .
Nice if you have to grab something and dash, I've made it with blueberries and red currents so far, but don't see why you couldn't make a savoury muffin with cheese and ham, chorizo, or any cured meat if that's your preference.

Another vote for eggs, bacon, even veggie sausages (Cauldron), livlife bread occasionally for toast, porridge is tolerated if half chopped almonds is used for the mix or almond/ flax and any other nut combo. I expect in the warmer weather the porridge will become a muesli breakfast. Yoghurt when I can't be bothered with anything else.