Diabetes diet question

Based on the type of diabetic you are please choose one of the following

• Total voters

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
it strikes me as very odd that anyone would mind this poll, whats the issue? if you don't like it, don't vote, if its used to produce a directive you disagree with, ignore it, make your own poll asking about low calorie diets or licking frogs backs, whats it matter?

I don't really care what it produces, or what it's used for.
Just discussing a post in the discussion section here.

But, if we want to derail it entirely, by starting the name calling, I've already reported it.

Last edited by a moderator:

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Just either vote or don't ! The poll has been explained and authorised. If you have any doubts or suspicions, just ignore. Easy.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 9 people

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps you would care to look at these two polls that have already covered the reduced carb diets with much more straight forward questions too.

Do you follow the advice on reducing carbs given to the new members on this site?
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/do-you-follow-a-reduced-carb-diet.20864/
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/do-you-follow-a-reduced-carb-diet.20864/
How many carbohydrates do you consume per day ?
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/how-many-carbohydrates-do-you-consume-per-day.20719/

And these were questions asked of the members here not those asked to come here and vote from another forum ;)

I am also a lapsed member (but still a member here) , I see the reasons I left are still here hey! This is an important poll, so I have casted my vote accordingly.

Reactions: 5 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Brett,

Why can't you vote? Is it because you're using the mobile app? If so, if you go to the full site from the browser then you can vote.

Smidge

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No, I guess you manage that with good levels because of the amount of exercise you do.

I wonder if Giverny can get the voting buttons working from the App. I know she's keeping a watch on the surveys, so maybe she'll pick up the issue.

Smidge

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm replying as one of many diagnosed as T2 but actually turn out to be T1.5:

1) My HBa1C continued to rise over the years despite more medication and the diet so can't tell what helped most and to what extent
2) I was slim to start with so no weight loss was needed
3) I think it delayed my move to insulin by around 2-3 years
4) Yes. My insulin usage would be much higher with a 'balanced' diet
5) Yes. I haven't had a hypo yet. My last HBA1c was 6.3%
6) Yes, At diagnosis I had the 'complete' list of symptoms but as soon as I started low-carbing together with Metformin all the complications went away within a few weeks

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
This is pretty conclusive I think but the split of percentages makes it slightly harder to see what is being said.

At the moment 85% of Type 1s think it has helped and 96% of Type 2s think it has.

Best

Dillinger

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hi all - just so we're clear on this, Xyzzy has been given permission to post this by the research approval team at DCUK.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Hi all - just so we're clear on this, Xyzzy has been given permission to post this by the research approval team at DCUK.

Thanks for that Giv - and for the opportunity to bump it back up the list for any stragglers :)

Reactions: 4 people

Unbeliever

Can we keep my thread on track pretty please with a cherry on top. We wouldn't want to get them locked for straying off the subject would we?
Hope his is not going off track but would like to point out that a number of people . myself included discovered after trying everything else including medication - none of which helped at all - that reducing starches was the ONLY thing which worked . Obviously those of us in that category -and I have heard of many - would have no problem at all in being able to state with certainty that it was this and not other changes which had been beneficial in the ways suggested in the poll.

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope his is not going off track but would like to point out that a number of people . myself included discovered after trying everything else including medication - none of which helped at all - that reducing starches was the ONLY thing which worked . Obviously those of us in that category -and I have heard of many - would have no problem at all in being able to state with certainty that it was this and not other changes which had been beneficial in the ways suggested in the poll.

I agree. I also found that when I gave up starches I became less hungry. So other dietary changes just 'happened' without a conscious effort by me, as I no longer needed a 'sugar fix'. Although I don't limit fats at all, by not eating bread, the number of occasions that I want to eat butter has been reduced.