All inclusive holiday coming up!

bullseye58

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, rain,
After recently being diagnosed with type 2 and losing almost a stone already I'm wondering what I'll be allowed to eat and drink on my all inclusive holiday coming up next month!
Has anyone in same situation as myself been on such a holiday and if so how did you get on?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
After recently being diagnosed with type 2 and losing almost a stone already I'm wondering what I'll be allowed to eat and drink on my all inclusive holiday coming up next month!
Has anyone in same situation as myself been on such a holiday and if so how did you get on?
I find all inclusive is actually easier. Normally start with freshly made omelette, after that, plenty of meat, some veg and few carbs. If you fancy a drink, vodka & slimline or similar ? The salads are usually already prepared. There are normally 3 or 4 meats on offer. Just enjoy !

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Good evening Bullseye, we go on all inclusive holidays, I try to stay as active as possible. there is usually a good selection of food and I try to pick low carb where possible, but do allow myself a treat. We walk for miles in the sunshine ( much further than at home) You are on holiday, enjoy yourself ,but don't go too mad. My last hba1c was just after my holiday and was 6.4 in old money ! I am type 2 on 50mg of Januvia daily.

#

bullseye58

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, rain,
Good evening Bullseye, we go on all inclusive holidays, I try to stay as active as possible. there is usually a good selection of food and I try to pick low carb where possible, but do allow myself a treat. We walk for miles in the sunshine ( much further than at home) You are on holiday, enjoy yourself ,but don't go too mad. My last hba1c was just after my holiday and was 6.4 in old money ! I am type 2 on 50mg of Januvia daily.

#
Thanks for that Bernie I too intend to walk a lot too. I'm currently doing approx. 18,000 steps a day on my pedometer so anything near to that in the heat then I'll be happy.

bullseye58

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, rain,
I find all inclusive is actually easier. Normally start with freshly made omelette, after that, plenty of meat, some veg and few carbs. If you fancy a drink, vodka & slimline or similar ? The salads are usually already prepared. There are normally 3 or 4 meats on offer. Just enjoy !
Thanks Mo

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All inclusive is usually a buffet, so you can pick and choose the less bad things for your BS.