Help my hair!

jessica16

Hi everyone! I take Levothyroxine for an over active thyroid, and I was going out at the weekend and my friend was going my hair and she commented on it saying how thin it is getting and I agreed. It is getting very thin compared to how it use to be:( I don't know whether it's anything to do with my diabetes or is maybe the tables. Has any one had this before? And If so what can I do for it to stop?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

googlegoss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had this problem but do not take thyroid medication or diabetes medication. My hair problem was lack of iron so you may be anaemic. Worth getting a blood test from your GP.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
Hi everyone! I take Levothyroxine for an over active thyroid, and I was going out at the weekend and my friend was going my hair and she commented on it saying how thin it is getting and I agreed. It is getting very thin compared to how it use to be:( I don't know whether it's anything to do with my diabetes or is maybe the tables. Has any one had this before? And If so what can I do for it to stop?

It sounds like thyroid hair to me ... ask the doc if you are on the correct dosage of Levo

Jo4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I thought Levothyroxine was for an under active thyroid?!?

Reactions: 2 people