DAFNE Online Course

Topher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think i remember someone saying here about you can do a Dafne course online - does anyone know where I would find this - Cheers

Susan1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could I just say the DAFNE course is great and there is BERTIE course also which is one day a week for a month rather than one full week. However having done this course myself I think you'd find attending a course in person and having the support of others in the same situation is very helpful and hearing about their experiences and tips is great too. On one of the day's you can bring someone with you eg partner or parent so they can be educated as well. It's worth attending in person if you can.
Good luck with it whatever you decide!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Could I just say the DAFNE course is great and there is BERTIE course also which is one day a week for a month rather than one full week. However having done this course myself I think you'd find attending a course in person and having the support of others in the same situation is very helpful and hearing about their experiences and tips is great too. On one of the day's you can bring someone with you eg partner or parent so they can be educated as well. It's worth attending in person if you can.

Susan, these courses are great IF you can get on them, if you cannot then the online BDEC is greatly preferable to nothing at all.

Susan1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes you're right. It is difficult to get on them. I waited for months and even then I was only able to do the course because I am on sick leave at present. Otherwise I would have had problems getting time off work to attend.
I think there were about 10 of us attending the course and hearing other people's experiences and tips in relation to their own control of diabetes and to have their support was great. But obviously if for one reason or another you can't attend personally then doing the course online is a great alternative.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Although my wife couldn't attend the afternoon session where partners are involved the day was a great success, all attendees learnt a great deal on how to help their partners cope when unwell and had a better understanding on how illness effects diabetes, it really is a fantastic course and I would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't been on the course.

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is the deafness course only available for type 1? If so is there an equivalent course for type 2?

Sent from my iPad

Susan1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As far as I know DAFNE is just for T1 but there are variations in different regions so it would be worth checking with your Health Trust. Your DSN should be able to point you in the right direction.

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As far as I know DAFNE is just for T1 but there are variations in different regions so it would be worth checking with your Health Trust. Your DSN should be able to point you in the right direction.

Ok thank you seeing my consultant next month so I will see them about it

Sent from my iPad