First Hypo

BunnyBabe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Prejudice, Twilight and no snacks :(
I was newly diagnosed just over two weeks ago and had my first hypo in an English lesson at school- started feeling very shaky and went pale. Tested my sugars-2.9. I had three pastilles and a cereal bar and 15 mins later they were 4.9 :)
Anyone want to share stories of their first hypo? Xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Last edited by a moderator:

SandyDee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's so long ago I don't remember my first but I do remember my funniest not that long after being diagnosed. I woke up one lovely, hot summers morning and in a sleepy blur misread the clock. Thinking I was going to be late for work I decided to be very clever, I would take my insulin and instead of doing my usual thing and reading a book for the 20 - 30 minutes I had to wait before eating I would have my shower and then eat. Nobody had ever told me that hot weather could lower blood sugar and so could hot water. 15 minutes later I get out of the shower, look at the clock again and realise I had ages, so feeling a little sleepy I would lie on my bed and dry naturally. Can you guess what happened?? The next thing I knew I was being carried downstairs - still nude - by 2 of the dishiest ambulance men ever. I was mortified:oops:

DaveTheRave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cauliflower
Yea, I remember my first hypo. I was watchin transformers 2 one night after my dinner - probably about 2 weeks after being diagnosed - and I started to get blurry vision. Then I thought I better test, so I got my test kit out and the act of pricking my finger to putting the blood on the strip was quite possibly one of the most difficult things iv ever had to do. Then I got shakey. REAL shakey. For a good 10 mins or so. Half a pack of starburst sorted it out tho, and since then starburst has remained my no. 1 cure of choice! 2 or 3 sweets does the trick these days if I'm a bit low :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App