just a chat

donaldo01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
he has managed his diabetes really well but started having hypos recently and he frightens me

lacey1

totally understand my husband is also type 1 and takes amazing care of him self but i always worry can't shake the feeling what if something happens and Im not there as people don't understand the condition Im totally on edge tonight as he is away for the night on a works do and even though i know he is a responseable drinker Im get proper worried
back to your post i know how terrifying it is to witness a bad hypo hope your hubby gets it sorted soon i know the warmer weather has affected my husband and he has had to reduce his base and ratio insulin :D

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. If you can let us know a bit more about his insulin regime i.e. types and number of injections per day we may be able to make some suggestions. If your husband is overweight and hence possibly taking quite large insulin units, then weight reduction by reducing carbs can enable the amount of insulin to be reduced and the blood sugar swings will get less. If he is normal weight perhaps we or his DN can still suggest a bit of re-balancing. I assume he carb-counts to decide how much insulin to inject for meals?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hi and welcome:)