Sore Foreskin = Ketones?

Kansenji

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being obese.
I have discovered that the Canesten (Clotrimozole) was not very effective. When my blood glucose dropped, the problem disappeared; when it went up again, the problem returned! :mrgreen:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
So now you know how to control it

jayne38

Hi all would just like to say thanks my partner has this I do also from time to time but OUCH his looks sore,this has helped alot the info found on here,so hopefully this will make him feel better or at least by trying a few of these things :D if hes happy then so am I.xx

1OLDBOY

Hi every one,i have an sore foreskin&can not get an erection,is this just me,or ohters out there,sorry if i have embaressed :oops: :oops: any one.I don't want to look silly when i ask my gp

pedro606

Being as we are on something like this maybe I should ask the question I am embarrassed about. Inever imagined it would be connected to diabetes!

My scrotum gets very itchy now and again. I have been using E45 cream that I had in the house. Helps sometimes but it does come back though. Any ideas.

I am verynewly diagnosed T2.

Thanks,

Pete

Voilet

2 above

Get the blood glucose and Hba1c down and the sun will rise again. Either that ask for the blue pills

Thrush, not the bird - unless she has it - so go to the Chemist and get the off-the-shelf treatment. Avoid birds until it stops itching otherwise its pass the parcel

Hi
I had a similar problem last year and was diagnosed type 2 at the same time my bloood sugar then was 27. Doctor treated it withCanastan and it cleared up within a week. Now on 4 x metformin and 1 x gliclazide blood sugar now is between 4.5 and 7 after 10 months. I feel great now. Hope this helps
John

Trinkwasser

At various times I've had the full set: spots, boils, blebs, pustules, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, thrush, athlete's foot and crotch rot.

Getting the BG down is #1 treatment, the nasty little beasties then have less to live on and the specific treatments become much more effective.

pedro606

Many thanks for that. I can see all the logic in this now. Since my BG came down a bit my scrotum has been less itchy.

One other thing. The nails on my two big toes are in a bad way. My wife always tells me off about them. They are very hard and discoloured and extremely difficult to cut. Sometimes there is a build up of some sort of softish powdery stuff under the nail. I have had this for a few years really. I hope now the lowering of BG will help.

My wife usually attempts to cut my big toes nails but with difficulty. I am hoping now that I have been diagnosed with T2 that I will qualify for a chiropodist to handle it next time. What do you think?

Thanks,

Pete

Thirsty

Pete, have you tried cutting your toenails after a good soak in the bath? I've found that helps enormously; otherwise the clippings are capable of smashing windows.

pedro606

My wife always makes me soak my feet before she attempts to cut the toe nails. It does make it easier but my big toe nails are quite bad.

I have to see the nurse on Monday so I will try to get referred to a chiropodist if that is what they are still called.

Pete

Thirsty

Podiatrist seems to be the preferred term nowadays. It's definitely a good idea to ask for a referral if you're having problems, bad feet and diabetes don't mix too well.

Trinkwasser

That sounds like toenail fungus, definitely get it looked at. The usual treatment is Lamisil Once, though it may be needed more than once to eliminate it, or other things may be required.

Anecdotally some people report Vick vapour rub works - when I asked the podiatrist he said

"What would you rather smell of, Lamisil or Vick?" he had a point

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I've actually used Vicks and it works!!but it takes quite a while .

pedro606

I'll try that- vicks. My wife always has a jar in the house. uses it for almost everything including headaches etc.

Got my appt with the 'diabetic nurse' tomorrow. Will be interesting to hear what she has to say.

cheers,

pete

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
You need to use it every day for weeks before it helps,not as quick as some of the commercial products.

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
Hi guys as a woman I've been sore many times and right now have abcess's I wondered if you had tried bicarb of soda in the bath it sooths a bit .

lpayden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
[QUOTI'm r"Kansenji, post: 31010, member: 9050"]I am Type 2 Diabetic and, since being diagnosed 3 years ago, my Blood Glucose readings have climbed inexorably, never going below 15.1 mmols/litre and more usually about 17.5mmols/litre before meals. I have been on Metformin, then Gliclazide; since yesterday, I am on Novomix 30 Insulin twice daily, plus 1 Gliclazide tablet twice daily.

About eight weeks ago, I noticed that my foreskin (only) was sore, red & swollen (Posthitis). Since then, it has fluctuated from being near normal to very sore, all the time with skin shedding. I haven't had sexual intercourse for about two years :shock: so I know I have not picked up an infection. I have tried more frequent washing, Hydrocortisone cream, Canesten cream, Chlorhexidine cream and Vaseline. Only the Vaseline has had any effect, possibly because it protects the foreskin from urine. That made me think that it might be something in my urine.

I wonder, as my Blood glucose levels are quite high, might I have KETONES (acid) in my urine that is causing the irritation? Do Ketones cause such problems? Has anyone (man or woman) experienced similar irritation? :?[/QUOTE]
Well im the same way I have had a breakout on my bottom area to blisters I feel